Having problems with your Toshiba Satellite A55-S1063 Notebook ?
Toshiba Satellite A55 Series S1063
\015 With battery or AC adaptor power my laptop will not turn on. It gives me a blinking coded yellow flashing light at the power cord icon in front of the laptop. I have tried to reseat the processor, memory, hard drive, etc.(nothing). I am wondering if its the power strip or connections on the mother board? Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated. Thanks, Aaron\015
The blinking power cord icon indicates that the battery is not charging, or is defective enough that it is overloading the charger. The laptop will not turn on unless it "thinks" the battery is charged enough to operate the computer. Even though you have the AC power connected and your adapter may be OK, it is still possible that:
- The power jack in the rear of the computer may be broken or otherwise defective, as well as the electrical connections to it. \015\012
- The wires and/or circuitry which connects from the power jack to the battery contacts may be defective. \015\012
- The battery itself may be defective. \015\012
- Can you operate the computer with only the battery? \015\012
- DON'T try to operate the computer with the battery removed, as this can lead to a situation where the internal power supplies receive too high an input voltage. This varies from model to model, but it is generally something to avoid, since there is not much detailed information available showing the circuits in detail, we cannot make a good "guess" as to whether this may be a problem. Best to be on the safe side. \015\012
- If you have checked the above items and have not learned anything new, AND, you have removed the battery and adapter, turned the computer off (not in that order, of course!), and let it sit overnight, and it still exhibits the same problem, that means you have "something wrong" inside the case which will require "major surgery". That is best done by a technician familiar with Toshiba laptops, and preferably, familiar with this particular model. He should also have access to proprietary Toshiba repair documentation and test procedures. I've learned from experience that it usually does more harm than good to "poke around" inside any computer if you don't know precisely what to look for, what to do, and how to repair problems you find. Unlike simpler electrical or mechanical devices of the past, you can't learn very much be observation and tinkering inside a computer! Too much is hidden from view, or depends on special parts which can't be fixed even if you determine they are defective; they must be replaced. \015\012
- This is about all you can do from outside the case. If you notice any other symptoms, no matter how isolated or trivial they may seem, please let me know and I will see if there is anything else I can recommend. Unlike desktops, laptops are not made to be easily repaired by replacing circuit boards, add-in accessories, etc. They are pretty much self-contained. Once you determine that the problem is inside the case, first you decide if the laptop is still worth enough to warrant the hundred-dollar-plus cost the repair is likely to require, or if it would be better to replace it with a new model, or look for a used one on eBay or some other place. This is not a conspiracy by Toshiba; it is just what is necessary to get everything into the small package and keep the price within reason.
Try resetting the motherboard. try this by taking out the battery and the power cord overnight.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for Toshiba Satellite A55-S1063 Notebook
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.
Suggested Questions/Answers :
Toshiba satellite a55 s1063, driver wireless
OK guys here is the wireless driver for Toshiba satellite a55 s1063. It took two weeks for me to find this driver.\015\012 ... Toshiba Satellite A55-S1063 Notebook
Toshiba Satellite A55 Series S1063
The blinking power cord icon indicates that the battery is not charging, or is defective enough that it is overloading the charger. The laptop will not turn on unless it "thinks" the battery is charged enough to operate the computer. Even though yo ... Toshiba Satellite A55-S1063 Notebook
Put two gegs of ram in my toshiba satellite a55-s1063
1. The ram you put into your computer man not be compatible with the computer itself. You can find out what kind of memory your computer takes by doing a google search or asking a technician at your local computer store.2. You may have pu ... Toshiba Satellite A55-S1063 Notebook
Toshiba satellite A55-S1006 won't "restore" with disk
... Toshiba Satellite A55-S1066 Notebook
Latest graphics driver for Toshiba a55 s1063
Run the update utility,be sure to allow active x control to run when drop down box appears say run,otherwise it wont work follow this link to get started\015\012\015\012 ... Toshiba Satellite A55-S1063 Notebook
Toshiba Satellite A55-S306
Hi Sacnyc,Very first thing, is send me the picture of your DC jack and adapter. I have repaired A55-S306 more than 10 times, and can replace your DC jack if its bad.. ... Toshiba Satellite A55-S306 Notebook
The m and caps lock keys on my Toshiba satellite
Bad keyboard. This series have a higher frequency of keyboard problems because ... well .. the keyboard cable got folded by design. Just replace it. The A40's uses the same keyboard as a A10, A15, A55, A60, A64, 1400, 1405, 1410, 1415, 2400, ... Toshiba Satellite A40 Notebook
Looking for wireless on switch on laptop
Right Side, underneath your volume control. If it is switched on and still cant access the internet wireless give this a try. \015\012\015\012Use Control Panel's Add or Remove Programs utility to uninstall the Toshiba Hotkey Utility ... Toshiba Satellite M35X-S111 Notebook
How do i change the cmos battery a toshiba a215s7422
The Toshiba Satellite A215-S7422, is one of the Toshiba Satellite A200 Series.This is one series of Toshiba's I haven't worked on, so far.The CMOS battery is referred to as an RTC battery.(Real Time Clock)Gen ... PC Desktops
I want to install sound, but I don't have driver sound for a toshiba satellite A55-S1063. Where do I find it? Thanks for your answer.
You can download any/all the Windows XP or Vista device drivers for your model laptop from the Toshiba WEB site from their download page. Make sure you enter the model of your laptop so you can get the correct drivers. Use this link: - ... Toshiba Satellite A55-S1063 Notebook
I have an old Toshiba 1805 Satellite Laptop. I need to
As you have only state the Toshiba satellite Model without the series, I'm not able to reach to the correct series,I'm giving you the link from where you can download the user's guide or manual. Just copt the below URL to your web browser ... Toshiba PC Laptops
I NEED A FREE USERS AND REPAIR MANUAL FOR A TOSHIBA LAPTOP SATELLITE A55-S1064 COMPUTER MANUALS DOWNLOAD.
This, is a link to Toshiba Tecra A2 disassembly guide, with photos and instructions. The Satellite A55 uses the same disassembly instructions.http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/Toshiba-Tecra-A2/notebook-disassembly-guide.htmAt the bott ... PC Desktops
Toshiba Satellite 1400
To Access the Bios Setup Utility Here Is A List Of Key Commands And The Make/Model They Are For..\015\012\015\012Acer - Aspire, Power, Veriton, Extensa, Ferrari, TravelMate, Altos\015\012\015\012 ... Toshiba Satellite A35-S159 Notebook
Toshiba laptop satellite A135-S4447
You can only only find the drivers in Toshiba europe and you will have to to begin with the first series of you particular; your's being A-series, search for the last model number to support xp and VIOLA your home free =) I know this cuz I just downg ... Toshiba PC Laptops
Looking for toshiba driver
Hi \015\012I need all driver labtop toshiba satellite ... Toshiba 2405-S221 Notebook
Cant find where the cmos battery goes in my toshiba satellite a45 s151 laptop
On a Toshiba Satellite A45-S151, the CMOS battery (also called the\015\012“real time clock” or RTC battery) is located under the wrist rest to\015\012the right of the trackpad. This means that you’ve got some major\015\012surgery ah ... Toshiba Satellite A45-S151 Notebook
Replace rtc battery f15-av201 - Toshiba Satellite A55-S1063 Notebook
Your RTC battery is located secured to the motherboard by cable. It can only be reached by the disassembly of the laptop. Below is a link to the service manual for the F10.\015\012\015\012 ... Toshiba Satellite A55-S1063 Notebook
Is there a larger hard drive for the Toshiba Satellite A55-S1063. the hard drive that came with it is 40gb?
Yes you can get larger HDD's ... Toshiba Satellite A55-S1063 Notebook
I need to replace the dc jack in my toshiba A55-S1063 (satellite) but i'm not sure of the pin size before i place my order
Your laptop uses a jack already soldered to a cable with socket. Ebay has them for sale for around 33 bucks. All you have to do is strip the laptop down to the board, unplug the socket lift the jack out and plug the new cable in. Below is the item nu ... Toshiba Satellite A55-S1063 Notebook
I have a Toshiba Satellite A55-S1063 the scrren is dim but I can still see using a flashlight. I have had the back light replaced once it worked great for about 2 weeks and then went back to being very dim. What is wrong with it?
Hello !Since the screen is dim, the display's inverter board needs to be replaced.If you were experiencing discoloration in the screen (pinkish lower light hues) before it failed, that would indicate a CCFL backlight issue. If ... Toshiba Satellite A55-S1063 Notebook
I can't finde teh drivers for may computer toshiba satellite a55-s1063
Http://www.driver-download.net/toshiba/notebooks/satellite-a55-s1063/ ... Toshiba Satellite A55-S1063 Notebook
Help! My Toshiba satellite a55-s1063's lamp is burnt out. laptop works fine, have material I need to access. Need to find out, can I replace it myself? I only have the basic manual. Can I get a link to show me how and any websites I can buy a lamp from?
You most likely have a defective screen - a defective inverter or a CCFL lamp or simply the video cable needs reseating. After reseating the video cable and the problem is still there then :- To determine if you have a LCD screen or video card proble ... Toshiba Satellite A55-S1063 Notebook
Black screen ask for password - Toshiba Satellite A55-S1063 Notebook
Black screen with "Enter Password" in blue box. - BIOS password.To reset: take the CMOS battery out then place it back again.Black screen with Enter password in the upper right left corner - could be hard disc password.,If you ... Toshiba Satellite A55-S1063 Notebook
Whats wrong with this thing?
Make sure there is nothing plugged into the PC other than the power cord\015\012make sure there are no CD's in the drive or Floppy disks if you have a floppy drive.\015\012\015\012same problem? if so....\015\012 ... Acer Aspire 3680 Laptop
I have a laptop Toshiba Satellite a55-S1063. There are errors on the LCD screen, namely: bluur seen on the screen, any posts / images invisible. What is it? How do I cope? thank.
... Toshiba Satellite A55-S1063 Notebook