Having problems with your NEC Versa SX Notebook ?
Wont boot up to bios
😍53% Off for first 100 people Only!😍 🔥 Claim discount here 🔥: ➡ sellerscity.net/62-lazy-portable-table.html ➡ sellerscity.net/62-lazy-portable-table.html Adjustable Laptop Stand its platform for whatever you need : Bed & Couch - Book tray - watch movies - dinner table ✅ Now you can enjoy working . ✅ prevent computer neck pain (computer monitor is at eye level) . ✅ prevent overheating laptop . ✅ will serve you anywhere you go get your table today and make your life so much easier ✅it collapses down to a flat surface for easy storing. 😍53% Off for first 100 people Only!😍 🔥 Claim discount here 🔥: ➡ sellerscity.net/62-lazy-portable-table.html ➡ sellerscity.net/62-lazy-portable-table.html 🎁 Makes the PERFECT gift!Posted by SellersCity on Sunday, April 15, 2018
\015 Worked fine earlier then turned power on and it powerd on but no screen\015
1. Make sure your computer is off. Do not assume it is, read ALL of this step! Because of the possibility that ACPI is resident, and computer is in partial standby instead of (cold) off, hold power button down 6 seconds. If computer starts when you release power button, press it and hold it for 10 more seconds. Now release button. Now to be certain, unplug PSU (the AC power supply) and remove battery. Wait 5 minutes.
2. Reconnect PSU unit (but not battery). Start computer. Immediately thereafter, press Escape button (ESC) repeatedly (and continuously). Because you may still be in alternate boot device mode, this may take 2-3 minutes, so be patient. Eventually, computer may start "beeping", just stop pressing the ESC if it beeps, and wait a bit longer for it to stop. Pressing ESC forces the computer to bypass any commercial display (Phoenix logo, PC brand name, like NEC, etc) and go direct to black screen post mode (with white text). Here, may get some indications of the problem that exists which are otherwise unreported in silent mode
3. The first report in this "black screen" post mode is usually BIOS type and version. The next report is memory (RAM) quantity (and brief testing of the RAM). If this halts in a lower quantity than you know you have, this means bad RAM may be the problem (or an additional problem). The next report is IDE/SATA hard drives detected as drive 0. This should say "Hitachi Model XXXX, XXX Gigabyte" (with all X's at some specific value). The last report is drive 1 detection. before the boot process goes This is where your DVD or CD-Rom drive or any other optical/secondary drive that is attached, gets reported.
4. If your DVD or CD-Rom drive comes up FIRST, as drive 0 (instead of second, as optical drive 1), then you have tis defective Philips DVD-CD-Rom drive! I am initiating a class action suit, so let me know if this is the case.
5. If, however, your screen reaches a stage where it should recognize/report a HD, but does not (halts here) then your HD is probably damaged/defective from shock or wear. If it recognizes a hard drive, and properly identifies its parameters (mfg, model, size, etc), then you probably do not have this defective DVD/CD drive. But if the whole post process halts after the HD, your DVD or CD-Rom drive may still be at fault (because it is damaged, dirty, full of hair/lint or otherwise impaired).
6. Regardless, if the DVD/CD-Rom is suspect, you can isolate this as the problem.
7. TURN OFF THE LAPTOP!
8. Underneath the laptop, there will be a screw about 4 inches in, on a centyer line direct from the DVD/CD tray panel. Remove this screw. Insert a pin or paper clip (carefully, and STRAIGHT in!) to the small hole next to the CD tray release button. This opens the tray manually. Pukll it out to the full open position, then GENTLY pull further, and the whole drive will release from the laptop.
9. Now, try to start the laptop. If it starts normally now, your drive is defective (or needs to be cleaned/repaired). You can buy a replacement at any legitimate advanced PC shop, or many used computer parts stores. Try the drive before you buy, just slide in and mount a CD/DVD. (you may have special adapter that must be removed from the old OEM drive, and the tray cover may need to be switched to allow the CD to close for testing)
10. Regardless of the outcome of any of the above, please post your results, and the complete text of the black screen here, so I can analyze the problem -or any other possibilities that may be indicated by the post dialog.
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.
Suggested Questions/Answers :
Hi pc wont start
This error can be caused by one or more of the below possibilities.\015\012Floppy or CD that is not bootable is cur... BIOS or CMOS setup is not setup properly... Hard disk drive does not have bootable f... The hard disk drive ... HP Compaq Presario V2000 Notebook
Toshiba Satellite 1900-S204 will not flash
Hi \015\012\015\012Applogies for the delay reply. Thx for the rating and reply. I think for the meantime we will stict with the BIOS upgrade first. When done then we can sheck out the HDD. \015\012\015\012Have you tried the BI ... Toshiba Satellite 1805-S204 Notebook
Computer wont boot properly
A POST diags card can help you resolve your problem/s, if not then.\015\0121. remove all devices and insert the floppy drive, one RAM module and video card.\015\0122. Go into the BIOS configuration and set it to the default configuration, ... PC Desktops
Hal dll missing or corrupt please reinstall ...
If you know how to get into the bios (usually by holding down the Delete key when booting) you can check to see if it is set to boot from CD. Bios navigation is entirely with the keyboard. Bios layouts and tabs are different for different motherboard ... PC Laptops
Toshiba satellite L25-s1194 wont boot windows
Is it giving you any error or out of the ordinary "beeping" as it is booting?\015\012Usually the BIOS screen comes up if it cannot find an acceptable boot device.\015\012Can you boot from an XP cd?\015\012Can you boot into set up mo ... PC Laptops
Bios wont boot
Your BIOS is more than likely locked by an admin password or the options are locked upon startup. The best way to go around that is once you see the HP screen popup after restart, keep hitting F12 and the boot menu will pop up gving you access to th ... PC Desktops
My matser hd oin is aet to master. My slave is set
The first thing you need to do is edit the boot.ini filehttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/289022This will explain how to do that.This part is only a ... Symantec Norton Partition Magic-8.0 (10256717) for PC
Laptop max RAM is 2GB. Had 512mb single stick. Won't accept upgra
The problem is the frequency ...you have to set into bios on the memory to read it on the lower one..so it will read both ....also if it is booting with both on but not showing into the windows properties..you have to reinstall the operating system t ... Toshiba Satellite A105-S1712 Notebook
My cd rom wont boot up at start up
1) Has it ever booted from CD-ROM? If it has, go to step #2. If not, go to step #32) If nothing has changed (BIOS, hardware additions, etc), it's a bad CD drive3) Check your BIOS "boot order" section. It varies from motherboard to moth ... PC Desktops
The laptop wont start, just getting blue screen
If you are getting a Blue screen repeatedly and you can't start up towindows in any custom setting ( from f8 start up menu ) one way tosolve the problem is to Use the restore disc or windows installation cdor dvd to installwindows into the computer o ... Acer Aspire 5050 5430 Laptop
My compaq desktop computer wont start up it keeps saying NTLDR missing
Hi i have made lil resaerch for this problem so every user who suffurs from this problem can Fixt it on Fixya.com i wish this well helps everyone when u finish rate me plz cuz that was a day and half reasaerch took me a serious hard time but t(his i ... Compaq PC Desktops
Acer 3690 I have a message ntldr is missing press any key....it wont start
Could be various causes just follow the information below and you should solve it.Good luckNTLDR is MissingPress any key to restart\015\012\011\011\011Boot: Couldn't find NTLDRPlease insert another disk\015\0 ... Acer Aspire 3690-2196 Notebook
Toshiba satelite pro L300 D series Hi everytime i switch my laptop on it asks me for my password ive forgotten this and i conot reset it as it wont let me ive tried running the recovery discs but it wont let me and still asks for password,ive tried doin it in safe mode and resetting it and it still wont let me,so was wondering how i could restore it back to the factory settings if possible thanx
For that you need windows disk for recover password.Insert windows disk into rom.Boot your computer with that diskFor that when you power up the computer press F1 or F2 "del" key to enter in bios.Then go to boot menu and set first b ... Toshiba Satellite A105 Notebook
Laptop wont boot from cd/dvd drive, hard drive is cleasn, no viru
\015\012Change the BIOS boot order so the CD or DVD drive is listed first. Some computers are \015\012already config ... Toshiba Satellite A105 Notebook
T6534 boot issue.
Without testing for myself, It sounds like a hardware compatibility issue. Cant say for sure without more info. Try all the components, one at a time, in another PC if you have the capability. Mainly the HDD, CPU , and memory. I have had this happen ... E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Broadcom UNDI PXE-2.1 v10.0.9
The Broadcom PXE looks for a boot device/files from a network source if the network cable is't plugged in then you get the PXE-E61: Media test failure check cable, you can turn this off in the bios, when this doesn't find any boot information it move ... Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
Windows vista wont boot!
Could be 2 things either your bios or your cd is dirty.\015\012Turn the cd upside down so the silver side is facing you\015\012Put the cd near a light and see if there is anything on it and wash it off and dry it off before you use it ... Acer Aspire 5500 5570-2609 Laptop
HP Laptop booting issue
Try getting to the BIOS and load defaults.probably an issue with system BIOS also.let us about the result after that ... HP Pavilion a620n (PC028A) PC Desktop
My computer wont boot because it wont automatically detect my har
Usually when your BIO's doesn't detect the hard drives is usually a good indicator that the hard drive has failed. In rare instants it is the motherboard. In the boot sequence it will only show the hard drives it sees if it doesn't see any then none ... Dell Optiplex GX60 PC Desktop
Wont recognise disk drive ide error
What you need to do is edit the BIOS so that the computer boots from the CD-ROM initially rather then the harddrive. To do this follow these instructions:1. Start the computer and tap the F2 key2. You will now be in the comput ... PC Desktops
Dell Dimension wont find hard disks anymore?
If you're comfortable poking around in the BIOS settings, look for a setting related to Hard Disk warm up delay, power up delay, or something similar. If it's there, this is a setting to tell the PC not to try to recognize the drive until it is spin ... Dell Dimension 3100 PC Desktop
0xc000000f error, Laptop wont boot into vista, tryed vista dvd to try recovery but wont load
That error maybe a harddrive faulty / not connected. But you may need to go into the setup/bios and change the boot order so that it boots from CD first\015\012To get into the bios when the PC boots you should see a message on the screen for a very s ... Toshiba Satellite Pro P300 Notebook
Dell latitude d510 laptop
My guess is that when you are booting, the system tries and fails to communicate with a critical device, or some settings in the system BIOS are incorrect. First, make sure you have removed anything extra that is not part of the laptop; slide-in car ... Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
Acer aspire not booting up
Dear f1at3r1c\015\012\015\012Righteo then, you should be starting by resetting your BIOS, and you can do this by removing the outer casing o the PC tower. Once yoiu have done this you then need to find the jumper that clears the CMOS/ BIO ... Acer Aspire™ T180 PC Desktop
Wont load i turn on the computer and it says press f12 i do this and the computer wont load any further i tryied all the drivers now i have the disk and should i re install and how when i cant see anythink on the screne help
It's not the OS. This problem occurs before the boot sequence for the OS is loaded. Anyone giving advise should know this!\015\012\015\012This is a SATA BIOS problem. The only way to fix problem is to upgrade Bios which has the SATA HDD f ... Acer Aspire SA80 (ASA80UC4603) PC Desktop