Having problems with your HP Compaq WF1907 Monitor ?
Dead pixel I have a black spot on the bottom right corner of the screen..can it be repaired?
\015\012Please read the WHOLE of this guide before starting.\015\012Software Method\015\012
- Try running pixel fixing software. Stuck pixels can often be re-energized by rapidly turning them on and off. If this fails, complete the following steps.
- Turn off your computer's monitor. \015\012
- Get yourself a damp washcloth, so that you don't scratch your screen. \015\012
- Take a household pen, pencil, screwdriver, or some other sort of instrument with a focused, but relatively dull, point. A very good tool would be a PDA stylus. \015\012
- Fold the washcloth to make sure you don't accidentally puncture it and scratch the screen. \015\012
- Apply pressure through the folded washcloth with the instrument to exactly where the stuck pixel is. Try not to put pressure anywhere else, as this may make more stuck pixels. \015\012
- While applying pressure, turn on your computer and screen. \015\012
- Remove pressure and the stuck pixel should be gone. This works as the liquid in the liquid crystal has not spread into each little pixel. This liquid is used with the backlight on your monitor, allowing different amounts of light through, which creates the different colors.
- Turn on the computer and LCD screen. \015\012
- Display a black image, which will show the stuck pixel very clearly against the background. (It is very important that you are showing a black image and not just a blank signal, as you need the backlighting of the LCD to be illuminating the back of the panel). \015\012
- Find a pen with a rounded end. A Sharpie marker with the cap on should be fine for this. \015\012
- Use the rounded end of the pen to gently tap where the stuck pixel is - not too hard to start with, just enough to see a quick white glow under the point of contact. If you didn't see a white glow, then you didn't tap hard enough, so use just slightly more pressure this time. \015\012
- Start tapping gently. Increase the pressure on the taps gradually for 5-10 taps until the pixel rights itself. \015\012
- Display a white image (an empty text document is good for this) to verify that you haven't accidentally caused more damage than you fixed.
- If the pressure and tapping don't work directly on the stuck pixel, start moving outward around the stuck pixel. If you see the pixel flicker while doing this then you know where you can focus the pressure and tapping techniques rather than directly on the pixel. \015\012
- Many people report success with this technique but these instructions won't work in every case. It may take a few attempts to make sure you are pressing exactly on the stuck pixel. \015\012
- These instructions will fix "stuck" pixels, not "dead" ones. Dead pixels appear black while stuck pixels can be one constant color like red, blue or green. \015\012
- An alternative, but similar technique involves gently massaging the stuck pixel with a warm damp (not wet) soft cloth. \015\012
- Alternative technique to tapping: Using a rounded pencil eraser, push with moderate pressure into screen at stuck pixel. \015\012
- If these instructions don't work, you can hopefully get the monitor replaced through your manufacturer. If your monitor falls under the specifications of replacement, get in contact with the manufacturer to set up replacement plans.
- Do not attempt to open the monitor as it will void the warranty and the manufacturer will not replace it. \015\012
- Make sure you don't get any electrical equipment wet or it may break. \015\012
- Some people claim that touching the screen can cause more pixels to become stuck, although this has not been proven. \015\012
- Be prepared to suffer a complete loss; you may crack the glass when tapping or putting pressure on an LCD assembly.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for HP Compaq WF1907 Monitor
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.
Suggested Questions/Answers :
Dead pixel I have a black spot on the bottom right corner of the screen..can it be repaired?
\015\012Please read the WHOLE of this guide before starting.\015\012Software Method\015\012\015\012Try running pixel fixing software. Stuck pixels can often be re-energized by rapidly turning them ... HP Compaq WF1907 Monitor
On my toshoba pc 17'' sreen I have black spot on the top corner and the bottom of my screen , is my screen diying oley one year old
There are two types of black spots.\015\012The first, I call bruising. This is a dark area on the screen that can vary in size and still allows for proper viewing. The second is a black dot.\015\012If it is a black dot about the size of the period in ... Belkin PC Laptops
The monitor will not power on.
Lucky you - You bought an L1906 Monitor from HP and one day all of a sudden, the Green Power LED just didn't turn on anymore. The Monitor appears to be dead!\015\012\015\012Why? \015\012\015\012Well I suspect it is because HP ... HP L1906 19" LCD Monitor
My card reader on my computer has stopped working!? ok i took my computer in to my computer teacher to get it fixed, well she put in a second hard drive in and said it should fine. well it does but after i got it back my card reader has stopped working! like it dont show up on my computer, like at all. so is there an easy fix or do i have to wait for my teacher to fix it again? o btw my computer is a compaq pesario sr1303wm, if possible show me a link of reconnecting it back to my compute
Ah, My Bad, big_dude2010, perfectly understandable about the budget thing. The world is in an economic crisis right now.As for reattaching the Card Reader cable, can't help you.OH, I'm just PLAYIN'!Before we ... HP Compaq Presario SR1303wm PC Desktop
Water in LCD display
Once you get a dead pixel (black dots), there is no way to repair that part of the screen ... PC Desktops
Black spots on screen in the top corner and bottem of screen
How big are the black spots? are they pixel size? i have one black spot too but its called a "dead pixel" when ya buy laptops these days, sometimes...they will have a dead pixel gaurentee for like 25 dollars, but i didnt choose that so now im stuck ... Toshiba PC Laptops
Dell E152 Flat Panel screen is REALLY dim.
I haven't seen this particular monitor. It may have deeply recessed black screws, or possibly even Torx screws. Try a #2 Phillips and see if it engages firmly. If not, try a T-10. Once you get inside, you will need to remove the power supply and main ... Dell E172FP 17" LCD Flat Panel Monitor
My ViewSonic va1930wm monitor has black spots.
How long have you owned it? Mine did the same thing. It was a dead spot which got worse. It was just past warranty (of course) but I took it back to Home Depot & they worked with me to get it replaced. Unfortunately, I think this is your only hop ... ViewSonic VA1930WM LCD Monitor
Dell 1900FP LCD Monitor
First, I would use a multimeter to verify that the power adapter is good. It should have an output of 14VDC. If it is working, the next step in verifing that it is a backlight problem would be to connect the display as normal and, with it powered up, ... Dell UltraSharp 1900FP 19" Flat Panel LCD Monitor
LAPTOP WON'T BOOT UP - ORANGE POWER LIGHT FLASHING
This was an odd one to fix. I found apon opening the machine that the heat sink was completly blocked with fluff (Picture Uploaded) so I removed it and cleaned it up.\015\012I then removed the CPU, cleaned that of thermal paste and cleaned the ... HP Pavilion dv1000 Notebook
Black spot of the size of a ping pong ball on my screen appeared overnight wat mght be the problem its a phillips 17 inch lcd monitor like they said, ping pong ball sized spot in lower right corner, appears to be growing, and a few areas at the lower edge of the screen are losing color, plus if you touch the screen there, it has a "ripple effect". Mine is a Hanns-G 19" widescreen
There is something wrong with the pixels. There might be a mis-connection so they are dying. Your best bet is to take it back or get it repaired.\012\012\012 ... Computer Monitors
Monitor turns on then goes dark
Either the power supply board is failing and needs repair or a bad bulb in the screen is causing it.You would have to open it up to get a better idea.Here's some info:\015\012\015\012MAKE\015\012SURE ALL POWER is DISCONNECTED ... ViewSonic VX715 17" LCD Monitor
Black spots appeared on 17" LCD Monitor-SyncMaster740N
It looks like you're developing dead pixels on your LCD screen. Short from buying a new screen to fix this problem, there are a few methods that may work. Here is the best guide that describe a few ways of unsticking those pixels. ... Samsung SyncMaster 740N 17" LCD Monitor
How can i open the 2405
To open the case of DELL 2405FPW (and 2407FPW and many others): first prepare a clean, clear area of bench to work on. A cluttered bench could result in damage to the screen when you lay it flat on its front!a) unclip the panel from its stand a ... Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24" Flat Panel LCD Monitor
Dc jack How do I replace the dc jack input on the Sony PCGK37
The PCG-K37 (Sony VAIO Laptop) uses a DC Jack soldered to a two-wire jacketed (shielding) cable that is routed under the DVD (tray) and towards the back to the Voltage Board located under the Touch Pad (Mouse) via a white polarized plug. The wires ar ... Sony PCGK37 Notebook
Black Spots on LCD for Latitude D505
I remember that while i was surfing once i had found a software which could try repair damaged pixels.Try to Google ''dead pixels repair'' it might give you a chance if they are not totally damaged.... ... Dell Latitude D505 Notebook
Z61t overheating lenovo z61t overheats often the bottom gets very hot, the computer has issues then shuts off without warning. after it cools it reboots. a) will this harm my machine in the short term or long term? b) how can i fix it?
IQuismO here...i posted this in the lenovo forums:The Z-series laptops tend to have more of an overheating issue when\015\012compared to other thinkpads due to the vent design of the heatsink\015\012fan. The copper fins may look clean fr ... Lenovo ThinkPad Z61t Notebook
Black Bars each side of my new monitor wide screen
Right Click on an open spot on your desktop.\015\012\015\012If your Operating System is Windows XP, choose Properties from the menu box that pops up when you right click.\015\012\015\012A new window will open up. Click the Se ... HP W2007 LCD Monitor
Cant find where the cmos battery goes in my toshiba satellite a45 s151 laptop
On a Toshiba Satellite A45-S151, the CMOS battery (also called the\015\012“real time clock” or RTC battery) is located under the wrist rest to\015\012the right of the trackpad. This means that you’ve got some major\015\012surgery ah ... Toshiba Satellite A45-S151 Notebook
Black spot is growing on my LCD Monitor
It is the LCD itself failing, no repair for the LCD itself, the screen will need to be replaced. Likely cheaper to replace the entitr monitor ... ViewSonic Optiquest Q9b 19" Flat Panel LCD Monitor
My tft 20' lcd monitor is black but in background you can see the screen, I've only had it since February of this year
Hi there!Just to clarify, it sounds like you're saying that an image appears but that it's so dim you can hardly see it and it looks almost black. If that is the case, the most likely source of the problem is the backlight. Th ... Computer Monitors
Acer Aspire One D250 won't turn on ! tried the bios recovery (fn+esc+pwr) nothing happens. Battery is good, charger is good. No lights not even the green one for charging up. This thing definitly seems totally dead. Any thoughts?
Try flashing the netbook with a new BIOS.....\015\012\015\012Try this fix….all you need is a flash drive, the BIOS files from Acer support Downloads and 10 minutes of your time.\015\012\015\012Acer One Black Screen of D ... Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Black screen my dell flat screen starting to have vertical lines in it. They eventually turned black over half the screen. Then the same thing happened on the bottom half. Then the whole screen went black. Is this repairable?
It may be repairable, but you will spend less money to replace it.\015\012You did not mention if this is a CRT or a LCD monitor.\015\012If it is a CRT the Rasters and flyback are faulty causing dead areas on the screen.\015\012If it ... Computer Monitors
Optiquest Q9 After about 14 months, my 19" LCD Optiquest Q9 monitor suddenly got very dark ( the bottom 1/4 was still viewable, though dark) and then went blank. After it cools for a while I can power it back up with the same results. There is a faint click when it goes black. I have replaced it with another 19" LCD ( different MFG.) which is working fine, but hate to throw this one away if it is repairable. The screen itself seems fine with no pixels missing at the time it went dark. There are
I had this problem with my Q9 and I was glad to find the FixYa website with help. But I will offer more detailed info for novices to make sure you find the capacitors. First of all, it is not easy trying to find out how to open the monitor up! First, ... ViewSonic Optiquest Q9b 19" Flat Panel LCD Monitor
Need to replace screen hinges - Acer Aspire 9500 Notebook
Tools Needed\015\012\015\012Fine Phillips screwdrivers, two sizes; a fine flathead\015\012screwdriver; a big heavy-duty set of locking pliers to get a grip on the\015\012barrel of the fine screwdrivers in two instances; screen wipes; a clean\015\012w ... Acer Aspire 9500 Notebook