Having problems with your Gateway GT5028 PC Desktop ?
Turns on, no bios no screen, just beep.
😍53% Off for first 100 people Only!😍 🔥 Claim discount here 🔥: ➡ sellerscity.net/62-lazy-portable-table.html ➡ sellerscity.net/62-lazy-portable-table.html Adjustable Laptop Stand its platform for whatever you need : Bed & Couch - Book tray - watch movies - dinner table ✅ Now you can enjoy working . ✅ prevent computer neck pain (computer monitor is at eye level) . ✅ prevent overheating laptop . ✅ will serve you anywhere you go get your table today and make your life so much easier ✅it collapses down to a flat surface for easy storing. 😍53% Off for first 100 people Only!😍 🔥 Claim discount here 🔥: ➡ sellerscity.net/62-lazy-portable-table.html ➡ sellerscity.net/62-lazy-portable-table.html 🎁 Makes the PERFECT gift!Posted by SellersCity on Sunday, April 15, 2018
\015 Its a Gateway GT5028. We replaced the video card/put in one when it was bought, and it worked for a few Years! Now, when i press the power it starts up, the fans turn, goes for a second or 2 then beeps loudly. No screen, No bios and no other beeps when i connect a keyboard and mash keys. I'v tried removing the card, plugging into the onboard video and still nothing. i'v unplugged the HD and cd/dvd drives, aswell as removing the ram and changing the 2 sticks around. Please help :|\015
One Long and one Short Beep = Motherboard issue
One Long and Two Short Beeps = Video (Mono/CGA Display Circuitry) issue
One Long and Three Short Beeps = Video (EGA) Display Circuitry
Three Long Beeps = Keyboard error
One Beep, Blank or Incorrect Display = Video Display Circuitry
If it is the last one, then try doing the following.
1. Disconnect external devices = Unplug everything from the back of the computer and then restart it. If it starts up, then it is one of the peripherals that is plugged in. You will then need to turn off the computer and gradually plug each one in and turn the PC back on to see if the peripheral is the problem. If that isn't the problem, the proceed to #2.
2. Cable check = With the computer shut down, make sure all the cables within the PC are attached properly. Once you finish doing that, turn on the PC and that isn't the cause, continue on...
3. Disconnect all expansion cards = Sometimes another expansion card can become loose and cause various amounts of issues. Remove each expansion card (clean them if necessary of dust) and replace them. Turn on your PC. If it doesn't start move to the next step.
4. Disconnect all drives = disconnect the data cables from the CD-ROM, hard drive, and floppy drive from the motherboard (make sure to mark them so you remember where they plugged into). This will either remedy the situation or you will see an error when you reconnect each device one at a time to determine which device/cable is causing the issue.
5. Remove the RAM = Loose or bad RAM can cause PC's to not boot or boot incorrectly. Remove each stick and replace them one by one alone in each memory slot. If the PC boots up in each slot, then your golden, but if a slot is defective, then your motherboard is damaged in that slot. You can still use the other slots as long as you use the defective one. If a stick of RAM doesn't allow your computer to boot up, its quite possible that stick of RAM is defective and will need to be replaced. But make sure you try out all the other options before throwing away a stick merely because the PC doesn't boot. A faulty stick can be the problem, but if the problem lies elsewhere, you may be throwing away a good stick of memory thinking it may be bad.
6. Disconnect and reconnect the CPU = Most CPU's are easy to remove, but if you aren't familiar with it. Read your manual on how to remove the CPU. Once you remove it and re-seat the CPU, reboot your PC.
7. If after you have tried all the previous steps and your PC still doesn't boot, then it is most likely that your motherboard, CPU, RAM, or power supply is defective and must be replaced. If you are unfamiliar with fixing the problem (or have never built your own PC) you can opt to have someone repair it or you can start with the cheapest option of purchasing a single stick of new memory and see if the memory was indeed the original problem. If the PC still does not boot with new memory, then it is most likely your motherboard, CPU, or power supply that is dire straights.
\015\012Then again fix processor and processor fan.
\015\012Then check .
\015\012If it not works then open motherbord and pull it from cabinet .
\015\012Then check it outside of cpu cabinet some times motherbord is grounding with cabinet surface.
\015\012So check it.
\015\012Also refix RAM memory clean dust from all parts.
\015\012pull cmos cell for 10 minutes so all settings are factory defaults.
\015\012Let me know if you need more assistanse.
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.
Suggested Questions/Answers :
Start up problem
Generally, that loud beep you hear is your BIOS (the part of the \012computer that turns on everything else) alerting you that there is a \012serious error with it's ability to function. Just for example, the beep \012could be due to your RAM not bei ... HP Pavilion dv2000t 14.1" Notebook Laptop PC (Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 1.66 GHz, 1GB RAM, 100GB HDD, D... PC Notebook
Computer won't load anything
You stated you removed the CPU. Did you clean the old theraml grease off & apply new before you reconnected your heat sink & fan? Did you reconnect the ATX 12V JPW1? power. This 12V power connector is used to provide power to the CPU? Lastly ... PC Desktops
Turns on, no bios no screen, just beep.
Now the question is, when the computer first starts up and you hear the beep, that is where it will tell you what your problem is depending on the beep you get.One Long and one Short Beep = Motherboard issueOne Long and Two Short Be ... Gateway GT5028 PC Desktop
Acer Aspire 9303, the screen remains black and 3 beep signals
I have this problem 2 days ago.. and this works on me... maybe on your's tooyou may need to flash your bios. why need to flash the bios.. ? 1. had the black screen of death. or deleted the bioshow to flash the bios ... Acer Aspire 9300 Notebook
Acer aspire 5100 - screen is turned off, cant turn it back on
Boot up while pressing F2 until you hear a beep. Press F9 until you hear a beep. Press <Enter> until you hear a beep. Press <ESC> 2 times. Press <Enter> 2 times. This should reset the bios. Good Luck. ... Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
Wont turn on, bios beep code
Seems heat-related motherboard POST failure. Replace it. ... Sony VAIO PCV-V210P PC Desktop
4 beeps 2373 laptop
Standard Original IBM POST Error CodesCode Description\015\0121 short beep System is OK2 short beeps POST Error - error code shown on screen No beep Power supply or system board problem Continuous beep Power supply, system board, or ... IBM ThinkPad T40 2373 Notebook
HP Pavilion 7965 not booting: Just replaced PSU with one that works just fine (got it w/o a power supply) and after checking all connections, powered it on. It turned on and immediately beeped for about a second, just one beep, then turned the CPU fan and system fan off. It then required a power supply reset. After resetting the power supply, I can then turn it on with the same problem: On, Beep for a second, then turn off. Any ideas besides bad motherboard? If it's a bad mobo, no big deal, it's
You have to have ram memory in, for the computer to operate at a basic function. To get to the BIOS POST screen.NOTE*When changing out hardware do you have the power disconnected from the computer?Yes, I know, but I have to as ... HP Pavilion 7965 PC Desktop
Wont boot up to bios
I have had TWO recent model NEC laptops with the same symptom in the past 5 months. I was quite surprised, since NEC is a quality product. But the problem was the DVD/CD-Rom, which is made by Philips (mine were Philips SCB5265 models, but there are o ... NEC Versa SX Notebook
Hang at startup (BIOS)
Hi,\015\012Yes laptops can work without battery.\015\012If the laptop is hanging on Dell logo and entering into BIOS then normally it is HDD issue but you have already checked without HDD so might be it is RAM or Board issue.\015\01 ... Dell Inspiron 2500 Notebook
Back screen (no screen) upon powering my T60 thinkpad
\015\012\015\012Take out your battery and the power button for about 60secs.\015\012Start the laptop using the Adapter [without the battery]\015\012 ... Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Notebook
Toshiba Satellite a215-s7437 will not boot at all - black screen
It sounds like two possible things. One thing may be that your screen is not working anymore. Can you get a monitor and plug it into your port located on the side of your laptop? If your screen pops up on the monitor this tells us your screen is eith ... Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747 Notebook
Compaq FP 5315 Moniter
Have you checked the computer bios?\015\012\015\012 \015\012\015\012In case an item was changed in the BIOS, such as the primary display device setting, use the following steps to reset the BIOS back to its default configuration:\0 ... HP Compaq FP5315 15" LCD Monitor
Boot problems blank screen, no beeps
This is how you solve the boot and beep problem with HP laptops:PROBLEM: laptop doesn't boot, gives a long beep and two short beeps and leaves you with a black screen.=> Your BIOS might be damaged, so we have to flash it. ... HP Compaq nc6000 Notebook
Poweredge1300 no post
Good news, you can save the machine, although it may take a while. There are a few ways to do this. If you are lucky enough that the boot sector of your BIOS didn't get corrupt and your computer still posts and you can put in a floppy. Then all you ... Dell PowerEdge 1300 Server
Cannot get new Motherboard to boot up in Normal Mode
What u may have done is wwhen u were installing the new board, gave a static shock to the system...that will cause only the fans to come on and nothing more...this is a bad problem bc u cannot fix it...if u figure out something else is wrong, and it ... Gateway PC Desktops
Packard Bell Easynote L4 turns off after Bios
I would try a BIOS update first. Go to the manufacturer website and find the BIOS update for your model. Also, you mentioned replacing the memory. Are you positive it is the correct memory? Were you having the problem before you replaced the memo ... Packard Bell Easy One Silver 2101 Notebook
I press power to start it up it beeps at me and screen is blank
The beeps you hear are BIOS Beep Codes. This is the way the computer tells you something is wrong, and gives you a general area to start looking in. Here is a website that gives you the BIOS beep codes for the major BIOS makers,http://www.pchel ... HP Pavilion a705w PC Desktop
Hi, i have an acer aspire 1640z i upgrade my bios from 3a18 to 3a24. after installing my notebook restart and i hear 3 beeps ( 1 long, 2 short) and my lcd doesn't turn on the motherbord work fine. Please help me???
Hi,1 long, 2 short beeps indicates a video error has occurred and the BIOS cannot initialize the video screen\015\012 to display any additional information.This issue can be caused by any of the below situations.\015\01 ... PC Laptops
MY hp pavilion zv6000 laptop SCREEN IS NOT TURNING ON!
There does appear to be a batch of these pc's that have this problem & must be returned to HP for repair.. Having said that, there are a number of tests you can do to decide if you can find a solution yourself..\015\012\015\012Is ther ... PC Desktops
3 beeps at start
Hmmm...that's not good. works fine with no battery. I suspect your motherboard may be taking a vacation from working soon.got backup for your HP? ... HP Pavilion dv2000t 14.1" Notebook Laptop PC (Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 1.66 GHz, 1GB RAM, 100GB HDD, D... PC Notebook
Xw6200 gives 6 beeps but goes no further, suggestions? Can resetting the cmos back to default solve the problem?
On any type of desktop o laptop computer, you can access the BIOS settings by pressing at DEL key while it turns on (in some computers you will see a message on the screen after you turn it on displaying the right key to press in order to get into th ... HP CTO HP Workstation XW6200 Base (DY247AV#ABA) PC Desktop
Acer 1640z boots up fine, but no post screen and bleeps
Dear all, \015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012I also posted this one under "Notebook Bios Problems" which might not\015\012be the correct place. Anyway here it is for you to see and maybe you\015\012can learn from my experience.\015\012 ... Acer Aspire 1642ZWLMi Notebook
I turn on my gateway notebook, get 3 beeps & a blank screen "HELP ME smart people"
It means you need service. You can get it from a local shop, laptop tech or just call Gateway, who eventually, will give you direction should you be under warranty.If you're not under warranty, do get a hold of a laptop tech or go to a go ... Gateway 400SD4 Notebook
Emachines notebook m5310 corrupted bios recovery
Solution 1: Boot-block BIOSModern motherboards have a boot-block BIOS. This is small area of the BIOS that doesn't get overwritten when you flash a BIOS. The boot-block BIOS only has support for the floppy drive. If you have a ... PC Laptops