Having problems with your Gateway 310 Series (158920) PC Desktop ?
How to reinstall windows xp if files are missing??
😍53% Off for first 100 people Only!😍 🔥 Claim discount here 🔥: ➡ sellerscity.net/62-lazy-portable-table.html ➡ sellerscity.net/62-lazy-portable-table.html Adjustable Laptop Stand its platform for whatever you need : Bed & Couch - Book tray - watch movies - dinner table ✅ Now you can enjoy working . ✅ prevent computer neck pain (computer monitor is at eye level) . ✅ prevent overheating laptop . ✅ will serve you anywhere you go get your table today and make your life so much easier ✅it collapses down to a flat surface for easy storing. 😍53% Off for first 100 people Only!😍 🔥 Claim discount here 🔥: ➡ sellerscity.net/62-lazy-portable-table.html ➡ sellerscity.net/62-lazy-portable-table.html 🎁 Makes the PERFECT gift!Posted by SellersCity on Sunday, April 15, 2018
\015 After having corrupted and missing files, i want to reinstall windows xp on my computer. i boot from the original windows xp cd, but it wont let me reinstall. the first time i tried to repair windows because i didnt want to lose my files, but i canceled it because i was scared it was doing a full system restore. but now i want to reinstall a fresh copy of windows, and it wont let me. it continues with the repair windows where i left off the last time. when i try to do the repair windows i get a bunch of popups saying files are missing, do i want to skip retry or exit. i've tried "retry" but still a no go, so i tried "skip" but i just end up getting another popup, and so on. eventually it wont successfully install. when i try to do a manual restore after booting from cd, i get a dyos.sys missing. or something like that, and it wont let me continue. any help someone?\015
NOTE: Before proceeding, make sure all necessary backups are completed.
* Insert the Windows XP Reinstallation CD into the top CD drive
* Remove any external devices from the computer: (except the mouse & keyboard) printer, scanner, camera, joystick
* Configure your computer to boot to the top CD\\DVD\\CD-R -RW\\DVD+R +RW drive
- Restart the system
- When the logo screen appears, press the [F2] key to enter the System Setup program
- Press the [Down Arrow] key on your keyboard to highlight Boot Sequence
- [press Enter] to display the available boot devices
- Press the [Up Arrow] key or the [Down Arrow] key to highlight IDE CD-ROM Device
- Press the [plus +] key or the [minus -] key on the keyboard to move IDE CD-ROM Device to the TOP of the list
- Press the [ESC] key
- Press the [ESC] key to Save Changes and Exit
- When you are prompted to Save changes and exit now, [press Enter]
* Your system will now boot to the Windows XP CD that you had inserted into the CD drive
* The following message appears: Press any key to boot from the CD
* Press the [Spacebar] to boot to the Windows XP CD. The Windows XP Setup screen appears
* [press Enter]to setup Windows. The Windows XP Licensing Agreement screen appears
* Press the [F8] key to accept the license agreement. The partitioning screen appears
* If the hard drive is already partitioned (this is most common), [press Enter]to continue.
* If the hard drive partitions are not listed or detected, you will need to create a partition on the hard drive. Press the [C] key and then follow the on-screen prompts to create a partition. If you are unsure which settings to select, you may want to use the default selections that are displayed
* If your hard drive already contains a copy of a Windows operating system, a Caution screen appears. Press the [C] key to continue. The format options screen appears:
- Format the partition using the NTFS file system (Quick)
- Format the partition using the FAT file system (Quick)
- Format the partition using the NTFS file system
- Format the partition using the FAT file system
- Leave the current file system in place (no changes)
* Dell recommends that you select the first option since that is how we shipped it from the factory
* Choose "Format the partition using the NTFS file system (Quick)", then [press Enter]. The Caution screen appears if you select to format the hard drive
* Press the [F] key to format the hard drive. The setup program will now copy files to your system. This will take several minutes, please wait. After the files have been copied, a message appears and notifies you that the computer will be restarted
* Press the [Enter] key to restart the computer or a timer will count down and restart the computer automatically
* When the computer restarts, the following message appears: Press any key to boot from the CD. Do NOT press any keys!!!
* The Windows XP Setup window appears. Many devices will be detected during this process. This will take several minutes, please wait
* Once this process is completed, the Regional and Language Options window appears
* Click Next
* The Personalize Your Software window appears.
* In the Name: field, type your name. Optionally, you may type your organization's name into the Organization: field
* Click Next
* If you are installing Windows XP Home Edition, the "What's your computer's name" window appears
* Click Next to accept the default selections
* If you are installing Windows XP Professional: The Computer Name and Administrator Password window appears
* Type a name for this computer in the Computer Name: field (or you may accept the default). Type a password in the Administrator Password: field and then type the same password in the Confirm Password: field. Click Next to continue.
NOTE: If you have a modem installed in your computer, you may be prompted to type the area code for your location.
* The Date and Time Settings window appears. Click to select the appropriate time zone for your location from the Time Zone field
* Click Next
* Depending upon your network configuration, you may be prompted for additional information regarding your network card (such as the domain name and workgroup name). If you are unsure of these settings, contact your Network Administrator or accept the default selections. After all hardware has been detected and the files have been copied to the hard drive, the system will restart. When the computer restarts, the following message appears: Press any key to boot from the CD. Do NOT press any keys!!!
* Once the Desktop appears, eject/remove the black Operating System Reinstallation CD from the top CD\\DVD\\CD-R -RW\\DVD+R +RW drive
* You may be prompted for user information. Type the name of any additional users that will be using the computer
* Click Next to continue
After installing the operating system, you need to install the drivers and software for the system.
your windows xp system are being updated every month...
the version from original system are being extracted to a new version....
by this time reformat you hard disk...
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.
Suggested Questions/Answers :
How to reinstall windows xp if files are missing??
CLEAN INSTALLATIONNOTE: Before proceeding, make sure all necessary backups are completed.* Insert the Windows XP Reinstallation CD into the top CD drive* Remove any external devices from the computer: (except the mouse & ... Gateway 310 Series (158920) PC Desktop
It keeps saying that ntoskrn1.exe is missing - PC Laptops
Hello,Please read below information: \015\012Issue:NTOSKRNL.EXE is missing or corrupt.\015\012 Related errors:\015\012 Below is a listing of the full error message that may be related to this error ... PC Laptops
ACER DESKTOP COMPUTER
Issue:\015\012NTOSKRNL.EXE is missing or corrupt.\015\012Related errors:\015\012\015\012Below is a listing of the full error message that may be related to this error.\015\012Windows NT could not start because the below file ... Acer PC Desktops
Error: windows root>system32ntoskrnl.exe - PC Desktops
Issue:\015\012NTOSKRNL.EXE is missing or corrupt.\015\012Related errors:\015\012\015\012Below is a listing of the full error message that may be related to this error.\015\012Windows NT could not start because the below file ... PC Desktops
Serial ref WO01099133 VY1243000817 VOY64 Will not start up - contaiminated system 32Drivers
\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012How to troubleshoot Windows XP startup problems, \015\012\015\012 ... Evesham PC Desktops
Windows system 32 hal.dll error after restoring e-machine
There's actually a number of reasons why these annoying little DLL errors happen, but the most common, is caused when new programs are installed over all old ones and the old ones are not completely uninstalled 100%, causing registry pile ups and of ... E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Starting the computer
Ok what file does it say is missing?\015\012\015\012and do you have a windows xp cd at all or do you know someone with one?'\015\012because it may be that you might just have a file system error on your hard drive and since windows ... Dell Inspiron XPS M140 Notebook
I need to reformat my NEC e3100 because im experiencing all kinds of internet issues and software issues where my computer doesnt even recognise any programs installed. how do i go about resetting it. i push F12 and nothing happens...
To reformat usually you either use a windows install disc and reinstall windows, or you use a boot disk and a format utility, depending on the windows version. There are also format discs such as UBD that also work. When you format your drive, you lo ... NEC Versa VX Notebook
My compaq desktop computer wont start up it keeps saying NTLDR missing
Hi i have made lil resaerch for this problem so every user who suffurs from this problem can Fixt it on Fixya.com i wish this well helps everyone when u finish rate me plz cuz that was a day and half reasaerch took me a serious hard time but t(his i ... Compaq PC Desktops
Lost win.ini.net.dll file
You need to repair your systemBut if you havn't the CDBelow is the stepBut make sure you close any unnecessary software and applications that run in the system tray like Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo! Instant messenger and others, b ... Toshiba Satellite A105 Notebook
Hal.dll missing or corrupt.
I would recommend you buy a copy of Quick Boot ($9.99 at ebay shipping included), and use it to first to run a diagnostic on your drive since this is a quick and easy test, then use it to wipe the drive, then use it to reformat your drive, then rein ... PC Desktops
Dvd drive wont work
That error and a number of other error codes can be reported for a DVD or CD writer if something has damaged one of the filter drivers, which are called Upper Filter and Lower Filter drivers in the Windows Registry. They can be installed by CD-writin ... Toshiba Satellite A100-S8111TD Notebook
Trying to start from scratch
Hi\015\012Use the following steps to open a command prompt environment and also make sure tht the OS disk is in the drive:\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012Turn on the PC and press the F8 key repeatedly when the first ... Toshiba Satellite A105 Notebook
HI my sons acer travel/mate 6292 has crashed and will not boot up, the screen is black but its stating the NTLDR is missing and asking to press ctrl,alt, and delete to restart, yet when I do this it goes back to same screen? Pleae can you help
Hi tracey,\015\012\015\012Cause for the NTLDR missing:\015\012\015\012Computer is booting from a non-bootable source. \015\012Computer hard disk drive is not properly setup in BIOS. \015\012 ... Acer Aspire 5610-4648 Notebook
My xps i don't come on when you boot up the CD light comes on for a second and then all I get is a black screen
When you boot up hold down the F8 button on your keyboard until you see start up options then click on start up repair\015\012\015\012\015\012 Startup Repair is a Windows recovery tool \015\012that can f ... Dell XPS One All-in-One TV Desktop with Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E4500 - (PRODUCT) RED
Acer aspire one netbook. Hi i have this netbook and i just turned it off after having working perfectly and i get the acer brand screen on startup but then it just goes onto a black screen saying; "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt system32hll.dll Please reinstall a copy of the above file'' I have not got a clue what to do, i have not got a CD drive so i cant reinstall a file on boot or try to use a recovery disc, it wont let me go into safemode as the sam
Hi\015\012\015\012Thanks for using FixYa. I understand the issue. However, if you'll reset it to factory settings then only the documents and/or pictures stored in C:\\ will get deleted and the issue may or may not be resolve ... Acer PC Laptops
MY LAPTOP WONT START
Your registry files are either corrupted or missing. I've recovered from this before by copying a backup registry from a restore point. If your system was stolen then it's probably beyond repair, the theif probably tried to delete the Windows folde ... Sony VAIO VGN-AR230G Notebook
5315 posted by kahmedkhi on Feb 28, 2009 I got Acer Aspire 5315. I am facing 2 problems. Code 39 and Code 28. Can anyone give me an advice for fixing up this problem. Thanks
Hi,Code 28The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)Recommended resolutionInstall the driverYou\015\012may be prompted to provide the path of the driver. Windows may h ... Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
My computer is missing a file "windowssystem32configsystem." how do i replace it? i cant even get windows to start!!!!!
Reinstall windows.Sometimes using the "repair" option first on a reinstall will fix it.Basically what is missing is the system configuration information. Another option is to remove the drive and place it into a working machine and ... HP Compaq Presario SR2013WM (RE468AA#ABA) PC Desktop
Toshiba laptop Tecra 8000
My understanding is that the\015\012error occurred when the OS is switching from real mode to protected mode.\015\012The OS is loading the drivers necessary to access the boot drive in\015\012protected mode. Today’s PCs or laptops access the d ... Panasonic ToughBook 52 Notebook
It doesnt want to start it says what im describeing.
From http://support.microsoft.com/kb/194679:Cause:This behavior can occur if the Windows\\System folder is missing or\015\012renamed, ... Toshiba Satellite 2060CDS Notebook
Yes, if you do run the recovery disk, it will reinstall windows and the bundled software package, thus removing all of your personal data on the computer. I would highly recommend picking up an external notebook hard drive enclosure, so that you can ... Toshiba Satellite M45-S169 Notebook
Computer Virus -- No icons
Wow, you just might have picked up a virus. The first thing you want to do is disconnect that computer from the internet ASAP. Next thing is to (on a known clean computer) download an anti-virus, anti-malware program and a firewall. I like Malwarebyt ... HP Pavilion m7580n PC Desktop
I try rebooting and get an ntdlr missing ctrl alt del to restart error
You need to reinstall the os. you might learn that copying file will be an option but thats not a good option. after NTLDR, tehre are 7 other files you may need to copy. so simply and easiest way is to reisntall the os.\015\012\015\012ste ... Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Repairing Damaged Winsock2
1. Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order. &n ... PC Desktops