Having problems with your Compaq Presario CQ60-220US PC Laptop ?
Can not start lap top
\015 I press on button the light on front flash but lap top does not switch on.\015
- If your desktop computer does nothing at all when you try to\015\012start it, first check that the power cable is securely plugged in at\015\012the back of the computer as well as into a working power outlet. It's\015\012amazing how often this is the case.
- \015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 2\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011If you're starting from a button on the keyboard, make sure the keyboard is connected to the computer.
- \015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 3\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011If\015\012the computer is plugged into a surge protector, see if the surge\015\012protector has a reset switch that you can push. (If it doesn't have a\015\012reset switch and the problem is with the surge protector, it will need\015\012to be replaced.) Try plugging a lamp or other device into one of the\015\012surge protector's outlets to make sure it's working.
- \015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 4\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011If\015\012you can hear the computer's fan or hard-disk drive, or if you can see\015\012indicator lights on the main unit but the monitor stays dark, make sure\015\012that the monitor is connected to a working power source, that it's\015\012turned on and that it's securely connected to the computer via the\015\012video cable.
- \015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 5\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011If\015\012the monitor and computer have power but the computer displays a\015\012"Non-system disk or disk error" message, check to make sure you didn't\015\012leave a disk in the A: drive. If you did, eject it and restart the\015\012computer.
- \015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 6\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011If\015\012the operating system still won't start even though the computer and\015\012monitor have power, try restarting with a Windows CD-ROM in the CD-ROM\015\012drive or, if you've got a Macintosh, with a Mac OS disc in the CD-ROM\015\012drive. (You can start a Mac from the CDROM drive by holding down the C\015\012key while starting up.)
- \015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 7\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011If\015\012the operating system then starts, your problem is probably with the\015\012startup hard drive or with the operating system installed on it. If you\015\012can't fix the drive, you'll have to replace it. (See also How to Fix Bad Sectors on a Hard Disk and How to Recover Lost Files.)
email me at [email protected] for further instruction.
A 4 star rating for this help would be nice.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for Compaq Presario CQ60-220US PC Laptop
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.
Suggested Questions/Answers :
My hard drive got damged and has bean replaced with a new one, I cant get operating system to work more than 30 days. I have installed vista using a reboot disk that came with lap top. The lap top worked for 30 days and is now asking me for a product key. I have entered the product key which I got with the lap top and it says invalid key. I put in the key that is on the bottom of my lap top (this is the vista product key label and the only key I have)it then says need to connect to internet
I AM CURENTLY AWITING ANOTHER REBOOT DISK AS THE MANUFACTUERS OF THE LAP TOP SAID IT MIGHT NEAD THE FULL INSTAL OF VISTA HOME BASIC AND NOT JUST THE REBBOT PROGRAM VERSION I GOT WITH THE PC. AS THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE THE START UP SETINGS THAT CONFIGS ... PC Desktops
My toshiba wont start it keep's restarting at the black loading screen.
Have you done a maintainance on it to get rid of all the excess information?? if not..go to start--then all programs, then accessories, then tools, click on disk cleanup. click on yes to all when the pop up box show up.\015\012\015\012af ... Toshiba Satellite P305D-S8828 Notebook PC
Hi i have a hp pavilion lap top ze4315. i am
First, get a small Phillips head screwdriver, a credit card, and something like an egg carton to store all the screws you'll pull out. You'll also need something to clean the dust off the heatsink and fans--a can of compressed air is by far the best ... HP Computer System Cooling
Can not start lap top
\015\012If your desktop computer does nothing at all when you try to\015\012start it, first check that the power cable is securely plugged in at\015\012the back of the computer as well as into a working power outlet. It's\015\012 ... Compaq Presario CQ60-220US PC Laptop
Lap starts with this masage and does not go past it
Possible solutionyou will need the installation cd for I believe it is windows vis ... PC Laptops
I can not detach my IBM Think pad 2662 lap top from the driver
I had the same issue. Here's what I did. Not sure if it will work for you. But give it a try.\015\012 1) turn on the machine and press "F2" to go into set up. \015\012 2) Press alt-p seven times to go to the last page.\015\012 3)Pre ... IBM ThinkPad X20 2662 Notebook
Thin Red Line on Left Side of HP Pavilion DV2000 Lap Top Screen
Majority of time it's the lcd that has a problem which creates the red line, otherwise it's the GPU (video processor).Try hooking up your computer to an external monitor. If you see the line on the external chances are it's the lcd. ... HP Pavilion dv2000t Notebook
Lap top problem
Hi\015\012\015\012If the AC power light is blinking, try the following steps:\015\012\015\0121 Cut off power to the computer by disconnecting the AC adaptor and removing the battery. The error condition will be interrupted, an ... Toshiba Satellite 1805-S204 Notebook
Problems starting my lap top
You will need a xp cd you need to boot from the cd and do windows repair when that option comes up. Don't do the repair console go pass that you will see the repair option. ... PC Laptops
Lap top can not start even button lights
Do static discharge\015\012disconnect battery and all peripherals. disconnect from mains. press power button and hold for 30 sec.\015\012Connect to mains and try to turn on again\015\012If it will not start - mainboard needs replace ... Toshiba Satellite M40-S417TD Notebook
I have a hard drive with music on
Ok, thanks for your patients, most of us do this to help fellow enthusiasts so we aren't sitting in a call center or an office venue. If you have the cable as you replied, it should appear as a drive if you click ,Start,run, and at the top of that ap ... Dell Inspiron 2600 Notebook
Lap top will not power on
There are a few things that can cause this. Start by removing the battery and starting on AC only. Then remove the memory and try each chip separately. If these aren't the problem, then I'm afraid the power management system or another c ... Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
Lap top screen
It's possible that it's a hardware problem, Since this is a laptop it may be hard for\015\012you to reseat some of the internal devices inside in your laptop so we\015\012could start isolating the issue from the hardware and to the software. ... Compaq Presario R3000Z Notebook
One touch recovery system
See if there is a D: partition on the laptop. If there is, you can find everything there. A service partition has been included with newer systems. You can access your service partition during the startup process\015\012 A set of recovery CDs o ... Lenovo 3000 N100 0768 - Pentium Dual Core T2060 1.6 GHz - 15.4in. TFT PC Desktop
Acer When I start-up my lap top it boots up to desk top screen but I can't get any further i.e mouse pointer moves over icons but I can't get any icons to work. When I swit off and back on the lap top boots up fully with full use of icons. Any idea what the problem maybe? Best regards Geogil
The problem is with some programs on startup\015\012\015\012To fix it follow instrucions:\015\012\015\012Go start run then type MSCONFIG +startup AND DESABLE ALL PROGRAMS ( just don't desable antivirus)\015\012\015 ... Acer Aspire 3000 Notebook
Hi i have a sony viao lap top with windows vista on it and im having some problems when i boot up my lap top it comes up with start normally or start up repair if i click star normally it comes up with loading windows files and that bar stays in the same place and if i do start up repair it does the same thing but and an error message comes up saying windows has encounterd a problem connecting to the device my pc didnt come with a recocvery disk and i really dont have the spare money to buy one
As for my opinion..try to format it all by yourself...laptop are purchase with cd's included with it..it has recovery cd for drivers, and cd for operating system.. ... Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
Display problem there was charging problem with my lap top i was busy doing work on it n the batt was getting low so i got angry n tried to open the lap top i opened 4 screws including the 2 inches but i was not able to open the lap top after 5mins i fixed the screws thinking to give it to some engineer to change the charging pin but as i started the lap top after fixing the screws back to there position there were straight lines on the screen n when i move the cursor on the lines there is yello
The best thing to do is to get the help of a qualified technician(better go to a toshiba service centre)they will help you with this.try removing the battery after turning off the computer and removing the power supply.reinsert the batter ... Toshiba P25-S676 Notebook
Dropping internet connection
Sounds like its ie itself go open ie tools internet options than advanced go to restore advanced settingsif any popups appear click yes allow then click reset internet explorer settings then apply. close all internet explorer and all programs restart ... Dell Inspiron E1505 Notebook
Re: Errors being experienced with the ACER ASPIRE 5100-5758, OS VISTA. Error dealing with BUS:06, DEVICE:04, FUNCTION:00 AND ON TO FUNCTION:03
Hi, Nice report. We don't see these too often. You've had quite a few tech inclined people on your machine. My first hunch was memory timings and that could still be the problem. However, there is also memory on the display ad ... Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
PC Game Sims Stopped Working
Hello, I bought the Sims 2 and some of the extensions (Sims 2 teen style, Sims 2 H&M) for my lap top. It worked fine and i was able to play for a few months and then all of the sudden i would play and my lap top would freeze up. And it kept freez ... PC Game Controllers
Xp wont turned on it will not boot to the desk top it frezers
This should fix your problem. Even w/o your installation disk. I have used this program to fix Pc's I have picked up off the side of the road. I would hit the power button, it would show the BIOS then it would stop and shutdown. This fixed 99% of ... Gateway MX6030 Notebook
Lap top bungle
Try accessing the operating system via safe mode (F8 on startup) if it opens, then your friends maybe installed a driver that conflicts with your system video driver. if this doesn't solve the glitch, reinstalling the operating system might do the tr ... PC Laptops
Charging Problem After starting up, the charging / A/C lamp goes dead and only running on battery power. I can pull out the power supply cable and re-insert it but it refuse to go on charge. If i shut down completely, and insert the power cable, it takes charge. It is sensless to charge of line for 1 to 2 hiours, start up and work for a few hours. Await your soonest reply please!!
Unfortunatly lap top batery's and all recharge battery's have what is called a charge memery they do not stand the test of time the more they are recharged the weaker they get. fore instance" When cam corders first came out. they were 12volts. if you ... HP nx9110 Notebook
Cd rom is wrong
Click on the start button>in the start search box type in regedit>now you will see the regedit option listed there>click on it and click on continue>now you will have the registory editor wi ... Dell Inspiron 630M Notebook
My HP ze 5700
Okay. Since you mentioned that your connection to the Internet is not possible since Kaspersky was installed, there must be a solution here. To remove Kaspersky, start your laptop and press F8 to choose to go on Debug Mode. After the program is re ... HP Pavilion dv1000 Notebook