Having problems with your Acer Aspire 3000 Notebook ?
Replacing CMOS battery - Acer aspire 3000
\015 Can any one tell me where the CMOS battery is on an Acer aspire 3000, and how to get to it please ?\015
I must ask why, as usually unless flat & they are rechargeable? why do you want this? Anyway, It is soldered to the motherboard of the laptop. sometimes it is accessible from under a removable flap under the laptop. can be a real pain to get at, is why I ask?
Before you begin, back up your data and remove the battery. CMOS Bios will be lost but will reset on restart.
- \015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 1\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Open the laptop computer's \015\012screen and lay it back as far as it will go. Be careful not to stress \015\012the screen and cause any damage, but press it hard if needed.
- \015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 2\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Press a flathead screwdriver under the front of the plastic \015\012bar lining the back of the laptop's keyboard. Pry the bar up slightly \015\012and hold it with one hand.
- \015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 3\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Pry up the other side of the bar with the flathead \015\012screwdriver and fully pull out the bar. Keep its ribbon cord connected \015\012and set the bar on the laptop's screen.
- \015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 4\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Remove the two Phillips screws securing the computer's keyboard.\015\012 Then, slide the keyboard up and out to remove it. Again, do not remove \015\012its ribbon cord, and set the keyboard over the laptop's touch pad.
- \015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 5\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Remove the four screws securing the cover plate over the \015\012motherboard and remove it as well.
- \015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 6\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Locate the CMOS battery at the bottom right corner of the \015\012motherboard.
- \015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 7\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Remove the battery by prying it up gently with the flathead \015\012screwdriver. Then, replace the battery with a new one of the exact same \015\012specifications.
- \015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 8\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Replace all the parts in the laptop in the reverse order that\015\012 you removed them. -Battery Replacement
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for Acer Aspire 3000 Notebook
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.
Suggested Questions/Answers :
CMOS battery in an ACER 3690
Hi,As far as i can remember if you take out the main battery then the cmos battery is just under neath that one its yellow from what i can remember and it has two wires that plug into the board on the laptop now when you buy the new batte ... Acer Aspire 3000 Notebook
Complete failure after modifying RAM
If you know how to remove the cmos battery, I would suggest that you do so. Leave it out for 20 secs. Restore the battery (if possible use a battery tester to verify the charge in the battery). Restart the computer and press whatever key (delete, F2, ... PC Laptops
My Acer Aspire T180 won't boot
There is one thing you can try first before replacing *********** board. \015\012\015\012Try shorting the jumpers on the CMOS battery. look for the JP3 jumper usually it is near the battery it looks like a quarter coin only a little bit s ... PC Desktops
Acer aspire not booting up
Dear f1at3r1c\015\012\015\012Righteo then, you should be starting by resetting your BIOS, and you can do this by removing the outer casing o the PC tower. Once yoiu have done this you then need to find the jumper that clears the CMOS/ BIO ... Acer Aspire™ T180 PC Desktop
Clear cmos on acer aspire m5100 desktop - Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
There are 2 ways to clear CMOS on any desktop PC.1st There will be a set of 3 pins near the motherboatd battery with a jumper across them. Move the jumper over and wait 30 secs then move back. Remember to remove the power cable first. ... Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
HOW DO I install new memory in acer aspire L320
The other expert's solution here gives you the information and practical steps you need to know about what to do to change the memory in a computer.here is some additional background information you should know specifically about the Acer Asp ... Acer Aspire L310 - Core 2 Duo E6300 1.86 GHz (S6479432) PC Desktop
Setup password lost in an Acer Aspire 9410 laptop
The best way to this is to reset the cmos on the motherboard of the Laptop. This will reset the bios password.\015\012To do this unplug all power from the unit and remove the battery. Remove the cover from the laptop so the motherbard is ... Acer Aspire 9410-4317 Notebook
Removing RAM from Acer L320
The other expert's solution here gives you the information and practical\012 steps you need to know about what to do to change the memory in a \012computer.\012\012here is some additional background information you should know \012specificall ... PC Desktops
Acer aspire one AOA110 wont charge either battery (3 and 6cell)
If your Acer laptop battery or adapter need to be replaced? ... Acer Aspire One AOA110-1113 Netbook
Thinkpad 380ED error 161 163
Replace CMOS battery and reset time and date. Turn the computer over. Loosen 1 screw on RAM and CMOS door and lift door away. CMOS battery is to the left of the RAM chip (if you have the extra RAM installed.) Using a very small flat screwdiver, g ... IBM ThinkPad 380ED
Replacing CMOS battery - Acer aspire 3000
I must ask why, as usually unless flat & they are rechargeable? why do you want this? Anyway, It is soldered to the motherboard of the laptop. sometimes it is accessible from under a removable flap under the laptop. can be a real pain to get at, ... Acer Aspire 3000 Notebook
How to I change the battery on my acer aspireL100
First, ensure that your power adaptor is consistantly powering your system and watch for intermittant operation with the adaptors green light. (This rules out cord breaks for shorts)\015\012\015\012Second, all laptops have a removable bat ... Acer Aspire L100 PC Desktop
Says it cannot find operating system - Acer Aspire 5050-3242 Notebook
First you should try and replace the cmos battery, that is a big flat battery on the motherboard, its usually a 2032 , looks like a big watch battery,usually if the battery died and cmos can't hold its memory it throws a can't find operat ... Acer Aspire 5050-3242 Notebook
Acer 3100, NO Boot, keyboard locked out,
I have the very same problem. I think that my motherboard may be dead... The problem happened while listening to music through the sound output. Maybe the speakers drained too much current. I don't know... I'm just worried about my HD. I dont want to ... Acer Aspire 5100-5022 Notebook
Acer 3100, NO Boot, keyboard locked out,
There is no solutionz! ... Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
Boot problem Received an Acer Aspire One Laptop for Christmas. My problem is the computer will not boot up! If automatically cuts off after the Windows XP logo comes up. Any ideas? I cannot get it to start,it wants an hdd password .I don't have a disk sice hurricane Gustav this summer ,and am desparate Gwen Clare Michelle, [email protected]
There are three possible options ranging from free (if you are not afraid to open your laptop, locate and remove the bios battery) to $170 (for a new hard drive and a cloning kit).\015\012\015\012Option 1: Here is a copy of an email from ... Acer Aspire 3680 Laptop
How do i replace cmos battery in acer aspire 5050?
If its a laptop you need to go online and look for a diagram that will tell you what to remove and all that but if its a desktop its so straight forward take out the big silver flat battery thing it looks like a big hearing aid battery and take to yo ... Acer PC Desktops
BIOS Date and time not advancing
I experience that already, system date /time is loosing, You need to replace the cmos battery and set the time in the bios setup. \015\012\015\012I guess there no other fault except the cmos battery busted.\015\012\015\012may ... Acer Aspire 5630 Notebook
Acer Aspire 9300 Mainboard battery?
I agree with leecom72's suggestion,beside this, i suggest you exchange the battery.in my opinion,i guess the main problem is your laptop battery ... Acer Aspire 9300 Notebook
My Acer Aspire 5000 won't turn on. I hit the power button, the light turns on for half a second then blinks off again. The HD doesnt start, neither does the fan and the screen never coms on. The battery is fully charged, I have tried power on with and without the battery, removed and replaced the CMOS battery. Removed and reinsurterd the processor, memory, and HD all while alternating between plug and battery. Battry indicates when charging and when fuly charged as normal. Still, issue remains..
Hi i just refurbished an acer 5000 laptop..everytime i try to install windows it shuts down after 10% start....i have changed hdrive, memory..etc....results found same laptop works 100% when installing linux mint !!go figure ? ... Acer Aspire 5000 Notebook
Acer aspire starts up but no windows, it just stops
Probably itz either minor case of software corruption/improper ground/cpu fan..or major case of faulty or defective main board/ram/addon/daughter cards....plz do check the following as in order:..the Hardwa ... Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Where is the location of the Cmos battery for my
CMOS batteries, on all computers, only have a certain amount of life and must be replaced after a time. Luckily, the CMOS battery on Acer laptop computers is quite easy to access and replace. The hardest part of the process is disassembling the compu ... Acer TravelMate 240 Notebook
Hi! I Have an acer aspire 5570 notebook. I think i mis entered a password for HDD 0 in the bios. Is there any way to reset HDD 0 password? pls teach me.
Try removing ur cmos battery it will reset all the settings u changed in the bios by removing the battery and than swictch the notebook on that turn it off again and insert the battery boot it and click f1 to continue that will work ... PC Desktops
My Acer Aspire T310 won't go past the Acer screen and the Keyboard and Mouse don't work
Yours may be a little old computer and the cmos battery (on the mother board)is drained out. Replace this battery. You need a working keyboard. ... Acer Aspire T310 PC Desktop
Acer Aspire 5920 sometimes won't start
Hi\015\012\015\012I would suspect that the cmos battery is almost flat or mobo fault, to replace a cmos battery requires a competent Technician to dismantle entire laptop.\015\012\015\012Cheers cbacer ... Acer Aspire 5920-6727 Notebook