Having problems with your PC Desktops ?
Reformatting my computer
\015 I want to reformat my computer with my recovery disks\015
- \015\012Using System Recovery CDs \015\012
- \015\012Change the boot order in the BIOS:- \015\012
- \015\012Turn off the computer: \015\012
- \015\012Disconnect devices that are connected to USB, Fire wire, parallel and serial ports, except the keyboard, the mouse anb Internet Connection. \015\012
- \015\012Turn on the computer. \015\012
- \015\012When the color screen with the logo appears, press the F1 key on the keyboard until Entering SETUP is displayed. (You only have a few seconds to press the F1 key before the normal startup process continues.) \015\012
- \015\012Wait until the BIOS setup program opens. \015\012
- \015\012Press the right arrow key to select Boot. \015\012
- \015\012Press the down arrow key to select Boot Device Priority, and then press Enter on the keyboard. \015\012
- \015\012Change the first boot device to CD-ROM using one of these methods: \015\012
- \015\012Press the down arrow key to select the CD-ROM item. Press the + (plus) key to move the CD-ROM item up until it is the first item in the list. \015\012
- \015\012Press the down arrow key to highlight the First Boot Device selection. Press the + (plus) key until CD-ROM is the selection. \015\012
- \015\012Start the recovery:- \015\012
- \015\012Press the Eject button on the top CD-ROM drive, and wait for the tray to open. Insert the System Recovery CD #1 and close the tray. \015\012
- \015\012Press the F10 key to save the changes and exit BIOS. \015\012
- \015\012With Yes selected, press Enter. \015\012
- \015\012The recovery window automatically starts; wait for the onscreen instructions to display, and then follow the instructions:- \015\012
- \015\012Press R, and then press the F key again. \015\012
- \015\012Click yes to perform the full system recovery. \015\012
- \015\012Insert the remaining CDs when directed. \015\012
- \015\012When the recovery program finishes, click Restart to restart the computer. \015\012
- \015\012Before the computer restarts, the CD tray ejects. Remove the CD \015\012
- \015\012Return the BIOS to the previous setting \015\012
- \015\012When the color screen with the logo appears, press the F1 key on the keyboard until Entering SETUP is displayed. (You only have a few seconds to press the F1 key before the normal startup process continues.) Wait until the BIOS setup program opens. \015\012
- \015\012Press F5 Key to Set Default Settings in BIOS. \015\012
- \015\012Press the F10 key to save the changes and exit BIOS. \015\012
- \015\012Select yes and press Enter. \015\012
- \015\012Complete the recovery \015\012
- \015\012After the computer restarts, a series of startup screens appear. Complete Microsoft Windows setup as follows: \015\012
- \015\012Complete the registration process, and then reconnect the devices that were disconnected earlier. \015\012
- \015\012Reinstall software that did not originally come with the computer. \015\012
- Write data files that were previously saved on the backup CD or diskette you made from the hard disk.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for PC Desktops
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.
Suggested Questions/Answers :
How can I reformat my A20m IBM Thinkpad..
Doing a Format on your PC Should Be A Last Resort!\015\012\015\012\015\012Reformatting your Windows computer is usually the absolute last resort and is often done unnec ... IBM ThinkPad T30 2366 Notebook
Don't know how to reformat my emachine T5010 desktop PC
Reformatting your Windows computer is usually the absolute last resort and is often done unnecessarily. Before you go through the process of doing a reformat of your hard drive please take a few moments to read through the rest of our w ... E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Blue Screen Horror.
By the way thanks for the info on the 98 Neon, Thank You you have been a big help. Now it is my time, I have lots of expertise on vehicles, I have been working on them since I was fifteen and I am 41 now so there is very little if anything that I hav ... Compaq Evo N620c Notebook
How to reformat acer travelmate 2480? - Acer TravelMate 2480-2153 Notebook
So you want to start from scratch, just because you like the brand new feeling of a freshly reformatted pc? Or has spyware and viruses made your pc virtually unusab ... Acer TravelMate 2480-2153 Notebook
Emergency Room: Code Blue
If its a very old game then it might still run on dos. dos is the old operating system. you could run two opperating sytems if you want to do that then read this that i found on runing two opperating sytems\015\012\015\012First you need t ... Legacy Interactive Emergency Room: Code Blue for Windows
How to reformat - HP Compaq FS7600 17" CRT Monitor
To reformat the Computer :-----------------------------------------\015\012To get the computer to a Factory State then follow the instructions with the help of the Compaq Recovery CD.\015\012\015\012\015\012 ... HP Compaq FS7600 17" CRT Monitor
Acer TravelMate 5520 is bio-probtected and unknown password
As a general rule, registering with "Acer Standard Registration" is simply putting your computer under Acer's warranty for operation and/or repair if needed; registration almost certainly has nothing to do unlocking your password.\015\012 ... Acer TravelMate 5520 Notebook
Reformatting I had te directions to reformatting my Dell Deimension 4600 PC Desktop computer but I somehow miss placed it. My computer is not acting so well and I want to reformat it. Can you tell me how to reformat my computer?
I assume you want to reformat it and then reinstall some sort of operating system. The esiest way to do this is to reformat it during the reinstallation of the operating system. If you are using Windows XP, it gives you the option of using FAT32 or ... Dell Dimension 4600 PC Desktop
How do I undo a reformat on an HP? My HP was reformatted and I need to return it to the previous state. Already tried system restore, but prompt said there is no point to restore to. Is there a way to undo the formatting and return the computer to where it was earlier today without buying recovery software?
Troubleshooting \015\012Accessing Computer Setup \015\012The information and settings in Computer Setup are accessed from the File, Security, Tools, and Advanced menus. \015\0121. Open Computer Setup by turning on or restartin ... HP Pavilion dv4000 Notebook
My acer laptop not working it is showing no hard disk present, but setup is showing 40gb, I wants to format.
You need your installation CD's for this:An operating system software and the Laptop support CD.So you want to start from scratch, just because you like the brand new\015\012feeling of a freshly reformatted pc? Or has spyware and vi ... Acer TravelMate 2300 Notebook
Computer freezes when checking disk
If your computer froze either on safe mode or normal mode to log in to windows it means the your OS (operating system) is corrupted. You might need to reformat your machine to it's defaulty factory settings. Note that all your files will be deleated ... Acer Aspire 1640Z Notebook
Hi i have a optiplex gx150 that has been reformatted. Im doing a course on windows xp proffeisonal, in order to learn the upgrade from windows 2000 to windows xp prof, what will i need. Should i get a buy a windows 2000 OS then buy a disk for the Drivers for the optiplex gx150, Then once installed go through the stages of upgrading to windows xp prof, as i have a windows xp prof os disk with licence?
Generally to upgrade from a former O.S. to a Newer O.S. you would simply do it in Windows. Place XP O.S. in CD Rom Reader than follow the instructions to upgrade. Simply enter the Product key for your XP O.S. when prompted. Good idea to save your Dat ... Dell OptiPlex GX150 SF PC Desktop
How do I format my laptop
I am thinking you mean a System Recovery rather than a reformat. Reformat is erasing the whole hard drive and having to load the operating system and everything again afterward. A System Recovery is reinstalling the operating system back to factory c ... PC Laptops
How to reformat the hard disk of laptop w/o recovery dics?
Reformatting will wipe the drive clean and you will need to reinstall windows, either from the rescue CD or from other media. You may be able to contact Acer and order a replacement CD and install it using the OEM license originally sold with your m ... Acer Aspire 4520 Notebook PC
Will not load.
My old computer had a problem like this, i think the only way to fix a problem like this would be to reformat your hard drive and reinstall your operating system, which would delete everything on your hard drive...if you do not want to lose the files ... Acer Aspire E380-UD420A (ASE380-UD420A) PC Desktop
MY ACER LAPTOP
There is definitely a way that you should be able to do this, but you have to either read over your computer's manual/documentation, or contact your computer's manufacturer, and ask them to provide you with the certain key and process to do in order ... Acer Aspire 3680 Laptop
Toshiba P30 notebook
You may need to take the hard drive out and find a portable USB hard drive case to put it in ...if it is 3 years old it is probably an IDE drive ...newer ones are SATA drives....then hook it to another computer and and check it ...you can also reform ... Toshiba Satellite P30 Notebook
Sound does not work
Try this\015\012\015\012http://www.driverguide.com/ ... Gateway MX6437 Notebook
Pc wont boot up after reformat.
Usually after you install an operating system on one computer and then install it on another one you most always have to do a repair (not a recovery). Make sure you choose the repair option after you have to hit F8. Reason being for the ... E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
How to reformat an HP Pavilion a1220n
Same procedure turn on the PC and press f10, follow what the the PC instruction. your choice destruction or repair go for destruction that is reformat and get back to factory setting or original setting. ... HP Pavilion a1220n (A1220NED904AA) PC Desktop
How to reformat ibm pc
Hello Gerjoy06\015\012\015\012Thanks for the good thoughts. :)\015\012\015\012If yours is a Recovery or System Restore CD provided by IBM w/ that particular model computer, then, no, you will likely not need the OS CD.\ ... PC Desktops
Hello CyberGuru This is my problem ===> On my windows explorer, when i go to "Tools" , "Folder Option" and click on the Tab "View" and under the "Hidden Files and Folders" it only shows "Do not show hidden files and folder" . The option for Show hidden files is missing Thank you for the reply If the virus cant be detected, any recommendations on how to get rid of this ? Kindly let me know
Hello my friend, 6 months ago i have a client with same problem in you, his folder option is missing also. The reason is that his system is infected with a virus particulatly a brontok script. This script it automatically disabled your ctr+alt ... Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
How do i get my laptop back to factory settings without a disc
1. Restart the computer.\015\0122. Press the "F8" key after the computer reboots but before the "Windows" logo appears on the screen. You should now see the "Advanced Boot" me ... Philips DGX320B USB Laptop Travel Speakers with Case Computer Speakers
Reformatting my computer
\015\012\015\012Using System Recovery CDs\015\012\015\012Change the boot order in the BIOS:- \015\012\015\012Tur ... PC Desktops
Computer ranbdomly shuts down
Your last question was very observant. NO, without an O/S, there is nothing to make a anti-virus program run.I suggest the problem in the beginning, was that the laptop was overheating. Once the processor becomes too hot, (Processors have ... HP Pavilion dv4015CL PC Notebook