Having problems with your PC Desktops ?
My computer will not start, - PC Desktops
Instructions\015\012\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Things You'll Need:\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\015\012
- \015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011A Startup Disk Or A CDROM With The Operating System On It\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011
- \015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 1\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011If\015\012your desktop computer does nothing at all when you try to start it,\015\012first check that the power cable is securely plugged in at the back of\015\012the computer as well as into a working power outlet. It's amazing how\015\012often this is the case.
- \015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 2\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011If you're starting from a button on the keyboard, make sure the keyboard is connected to the computer.
- \015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 3\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011If\015\012the computer is plugged into a surge protector, see if the surge\015\012protector has a reset switch that you can push. (If it doesn't have a\015\012reset switch and the problem is with the surge protector, it will need\015\012to be replaced.) Try plugging a lamp or other device into one of the\015\012surge protector's outlets to make sure it's working.
- \015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 4\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011If\015\012you can hear the computer's fan or hard-disk drive, or if you can see\015\012indicator lights on the main unit but the monitor stays dark, make sure\015\012that the monitor is connected to a working power source, that it's\015\012turned on and that it's securely connected to the computer via the\015\012video cable.
- \015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 5\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011If\015\012the monitor and computer have power but the computer displays a\015\012"Non-system disk or disk error" message, check to make sure you didn't\015\012leave a disk in the A: drive. If you did, eject it and restart the\015\012computer.
- \015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 6\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011If\015\012the operating system still won't start even though the computer and\015\012monitor have power, try restarting with a Windows CD-ROM in the CD-ROM\015\012drive or, if you've got a Macintosh, with a Mac OS disc in the CD-ROM drive. (You can start a Mac from the CDROM drive by holding down the C key while starting up.)
- \015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 7\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011If\015\012the operating system then starts, your problem is probably with the\015\012startup hard drive or with the operating system installed on it. If you\015\012can't fix the drive, you'll have to replace it. (See also How to Fix Bad Sectors on a Hard Disk and How to Recover Lost Files.)
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for PC Desktops
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.
Suggested Questions/Answers :
My computer doesnt have a my computer icon,I want to run a program that requires an internet broadband connection,windows vista w/a.l.512 mb and a videocard,how do I check my computer to find out what I have, or need to get? Aspirem1100-serial pts890x0798030a0cd2702.How do I get a mycomputer icon so I can check my system, and if I need to buy something where do I go?
Option A:Right click Deskop area, select Properties,\015\012select desktop tab i.e 2nd tab, then on the bottm, select Customize, inside it, you'll\015\012see 4 boxes of My Computer, My network, IE, My Document.just left click on my compu ... PC Desktops
I changed Desktop resolution setting to higher, Monitor went black with "Out of Range" message
Please try this:\015\012To resolve this behavior, either change the refresh rate, or change the video adapter settings.To change the refresh rate:1. Restart the computer, and while it is restarting, press F8 until the St ... Planar PL1910M (Black) 19 in. Flat Panel LCD Monitor
Blue screen when I close the top of my laptop or shut it off
This error relates to video drivers. to fix this. restart your computer and as soon as you see dell keep tapping the F8 key in the top row to get advanced boot options. and then select "Enable VGA Mode" and press enter 2 times. then the computer shou ... Dell Inspiron 6400 Notebook
Hi pc wont start
This error can be caused by one or more of the below possibilities.\015\012Floppy or CD that is not bootable is cur... BIOS or CMOS setup is not setup properly... Hard disk drive does not have bootable f... The hard disk drive ... HP Compaq Presario V2000 Notebook
I had to restore my computer to factory settings how can I access my backed up files in my D hardrive to restore my lost music, docs software etc
How to restore after pc recovery \015\012\015\012I recomend printing this before moving your computer into safe mode. \015\012\015\012--""Before you complete the process"" \015\012\015\012Click START \015\012 ... HP S7620N Pavilion Slimline Desktop PC - REFURBISHED (RF779RB)
Laptop wont start up
At this point your Operating System is Corrupt and has to be reinstalled\015\012\015\012The only fix is to install your factory restore disk to Restore the System unless the notebook comes with a full system restore; you can call the com ... PC Laptops
Dell Dimension 5100 restore cd
If you can get to AOL No Problem than I can help.Once your on AOL add this to your address bar (http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html)Download the file and save it to your desktopFro ... Dell Dimension 5100 (D51L1) PC Desktop
UNABLE TO REACH DESKTOP
LoadTOCNode(1, 'symptoms');-------------------------------------SYMPTOMS:------------------------------------When you restart your computer after you install Windows XP Service\015\012Pack 1 (SP1), your computer may generate the followin ... Compaq Armada 1700 Notebook
Need to defragment computer - PC Desktops
Hey mamaferg2004,\015\012 \015\012If you're not quite sure how to defragment your computer's hard drive, the process can be quite simple depending on what operating system you are currently using. ... PC Desktops
Outof Range error message & black screen
To resolve this behavior, either change the refresh rate which is what is chnaged or the resolution or change the video adapter settings.\015\012 \015\012\015\012To change the refresh rate:\015\012\015\012 ... HP L1940 19" LCD Monitor
Out of Range message displays when PC boots
To resolve this behavior, either change the refresh rate, or change the video adapter settings.\015\012To change the refresh rate:\015\012\015\012Restart\015\012the computer, and while it is restarting, press F8 ... Westinghouse 22" Widescreen LCD Flat Panel Monitor
Attention out of range is displayed on ibm 2 74 monitor
To resolve this behavior, either change the refresh rate, or change the video adapter settings.\015\012To change the refresh rate:\015\012\015\012Restart\015\012the computer, and while it is restarting, press F8 ... IBM E74 17" CRT Monitor
Won't power up
This error can be caused by one or more of the below possibilities.\015\012Floppy or CD that is not bootable is cur... BIOS or CMOS setup is not setup properly... Hard disk drive does not have bootable f... The hard disk drive ... IBM ThinkPad T20 Notebook
Pc wont start up
Let's just wait before we run off to rash conclusions. It could be that the computer is dirty inside, the processor overheated because of this, and turned off. It's a built-in Fail Safe feature for the processor. Keeps it from burning up. ... PC Desktops
I do not my computers oprated - PC Desktops
Hi,\015\012 You have easily operate your computer. The steps given below....\015\012\015\012Materials Needed: \015\012- CPU- keyboard- monitor- mouse- speakers- printer- Operating S ... PC Desktops
My computer started up normally, then nothing.
Hi,It sounds like you have a virus riddled computer as well as no Anti virus protection either.Try and get your desktop back this way >>>>>Start task manager, in the top right hand corner of the wind ... HP PC Desktops
Sony Vaio Desktop Computer Hardware monitor found an error?
I have (PCV-RXG408)this Sony Vaio desktop computer. I installed Windows XP on the computer and this message has been coming up every time I start the comptuer up (Hardware Monitor found an error. Enter Power setup menu for more details) Well I did th ... Sony VAIO PC Desktop
Screen shows different colour grids when starting then goes black with message in right corner "out of range"
Hello ssi1,This happens when your screen resolution is set to something higher\015\012than what your monitor can display. For example, if your monitor\015\012supports resolutions of up to 1024x768 and your video card allows you\015\012to ... PC Desktops
The desktop will not boot up. It's got power and sounds okay but
If you are able to get windows up you can restore it in a earlier time when it was working perfectly, this is if you have the 'restore point' on your pc. Other option if to use 'Last know good configuration'The Last Known Good Configurati ... Acer Aspire T160 (AST160UA3400) PC Desktop
No connection to the internet
Make sure the modem box is connected to the INTERNET port of the wireless N router. and the desktop to any of the regular Ethernet ports on the back of the wireless N router. Also try replacing the Ethernet cable that is connecting the desktop to the ... Gateway GT5220 PC Desktop
Computer freezes My granddaughter has had this computer about 1 year and we have had to have recovery done several times. It keeps freezing up after about 10-15 min. It came with Vista operating program.
I have several recommendations you should consider:\015\012\015\0121: Disable hibernation option. Vista has not perfected this yet. If it freezes when you try to wake it up, this might be the problem.\015\0122: Identify how much R ... Gateway MX8711 Notebook
Keyboard Shortcut for Windows
Getting used to using your keyboard exclusively and leaving your mouse behind will make you much more efficient at performing any task on any Windows system. I use the following keyboard shortcuts every day:\015\012\015\012Windows key + R = Run ... PC Desktops
Doesn't work all the time and makes a whirring noise, do i need to buy a new cd/dvd drive?
Before you beginTo determine if the CD or DVD drive displays on the My Computer screen, follow the steps below.\015\012\015\012\015\012Turn on the computer and remove any discs from the CD/DVD drive.\015\012 ... HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
No internet connection - PC Desktops
Internet connection solutions\015\012\015\012Restart the computer. \015\012Test the jack. \015\012Test the equipment. \015\012\015\012Try a different jack that you know work ... PC Desktops
So I hooked this moniter up to my hp and all I get is two blinking lights
\012One monitor serves as the primary monitor, and this monitor displays the Logon dialog box when you start your computer. In addition, most programs will display windows on the primary monitor when you initially open them. You can selec ... HP A4331D 20" CRT Monitor