Having problems with your HP Pavilion ze2000 Notebook ?
About laptop ethernet...
\015 Laptop work fine and well without cable on in ethernet ...as soon as i keep cable in socket of ethernet screen apear blue and say memory dump and keep on doing that / i mean keep on restarting and blue screen.....without any thing i have to do....is to take off cable ..then it again start working properly...pls assist me\015
First figure out whether your hardware is ok and driver is installed properly.\015\012In Windows XP, click Start , right-click My Computer , and select Properties . \015\012\015\012
- \015\012In Windows 98 and Me, right-click My Computer , and select Properties . \015\012
- \015\012In Windows XP, click the Hardware tab, and then the Device Manager button. \015\012In Windows 98 and Me, click the Device Manager tab. \015\012
- \015\012If the Network adapters category is present with a (+) sign , then skip to Step 6. \015\012If Network Adapters has a (-) sign , continue to Step 5. Disregard adapters that do not reference an Ethernet Adapter . \015\012
- \015\012If a network adapter is not listed inside, do one of the following items based on the condition of the networking hardware:\015\012\015\012
- \015\012Networking hardware is not installed. Install a new network card (desktop computer) or a new network PCMCIA card (notebook computer) per the card manufacturers' suggestions. This does not apply to on-board networking hardware.\015\012
- \015\012The network card is not seated fully into its socket. For Desktops, remove the side-case, reseat the network card, and replace side case. For notebook computers, remove and reseat the network PCMCIA card. This does not apply to on-board networking hardware.\015\012
- \015\012If the computer is older, it may need to have jumpers on the network card set to an IRQ and address range that is not already being used by another device. Remove the side-case, set the jumpers on the card, and replace the side case.\015\012Replacing the older network card with a newer Plug and Play network card is probably a better option.\015\012
- \015\012For desktop PCs with on-board networking hardware, reset the BIOS:\015\012\015\012
- \015\012Restart the PC.\015\012
- \015\012Press F1 repeatedly when the first screens appear. \015\012
- \015\012Press F5 and Enter to reset the BIOS to default settings. \015\012
- \015\012Press F10 and Enter to save the settings and exit BIOS setup . \015\012
- \015\012Restart the PC. \015\012
- \015\012Check Device Manager again for the presence of the Networks adapters category. If the network adapter name is still missing, the on-board network adapter may be damaged. The motherboard should be replaced, or a PCI network adapter should be installed.
- \015\012If the network adapter is listed, but has a yellow exclamation mark over its icon , do one of the following:\015\012\015\012
- \015\012Software drivers and supportive files may be missing or corrupted. Remove the device from Device Manager and reinstall the software by restarting the computer. See Step 5: Reinstalling network adapter software drivers . \015\012
- \015\012If the computer is older, it may need to have jumpers on the network card set to an IRQ and address range that is not already being used by another device. Remove the side-case, set the jumpers on the card, and replace the side case. \015\012Replacing the older network card with a newer Plug and Play card is probably a better option.
- \015\012If the network adapter listed has a green adapter icon , the networking adapter is probably functioning correctly. If the PC still cannot connect to the Internet, make sure to complete the following steps before continuing:\015\012\015\012
- \015\012The cable or DSL hardware may have stopped responding. Reset the cable or DSL hardware using the manufacturer suggestions.\015\012
- \015\012There still may be a connection problem. Recheck the cable connections and replace any cables that have been pinched or that you suspect are bad.\015\012
- \015\012The Internet Service may be down at your provider. Most Service Providers have a telephone support number. Call the ISP support number. If an outage is occurring, an automated response about system wide service outages will probably play. In this case wait until the service comes back.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for HP Pavilion ze2000 Notebook
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.
Suggested Questions/Answers :
Dell inspiron 1525
To get it to connect wirelessly all of the things in bold must be true.\015\012\015\0121. The wireless card driver must be installed and enabled.\015\012\015\012Go to start>right click Com ... Dell Inspiron 6400 Notebook
Inspiron E1505 - Bad ethernet connection
Right clik onmy network places chekc your lan card is enable?\015\012if not enable it. ... Dell Inspiron E1505 Notebook
Dell inspiron 1525
Hi,\015\012the switch has nothing to do with ethernet card...thats only a wireless switch.. do the following:\015\012\015\012 Click start >>> Type CMD in the search box (if Vista) or Run >>> then type CMD and hit e ... Dell Inspiron 6400 Notebook
Can't get internet access!!
The proper procedure in any router based network is to get the router on the network first. Plug it into the online cable modem and boot it up. Let it sit for a minute and then boot up wired computers one at a time. Use one of the wired PC's to get ... Compaq Computer Monitors
IP connects... No internet.. Media Disconnected
1. You never stated if you tried a different Ethernet cable, i will assume its the same cable as the computer that Does acquire an IP via DHCP and work on the net."this computer also has wireless" have you tested to see if you can acquire ... Compaq Presario M2000 Notebook
I set my router up as a network and all I want it to do is run a laptop. How do I get it to do just that?
Did you have it working with another computer before? It would normally use an ethernet cable between the router and laptop.Your laptop needs an ethernet connector (or maybe a USB port if your router supports a USB connector). Sometimes the e ... PC Desktops
Gateway mx3222b laptop ram upgrade problem
Your computer does not support 1GB memory sticks. The max memory for that system is 1GB which would be 2 sticks configured as 512MB\015\012\015\012see below for the specs (i bold, italics and underlined the main part)\015\012\ ... Gateway PC Laptops
Ethernet driver I just switched my laptop from Vister to XP Pro and I can't find a driver for the Ethernet card, in network connections the 1394 network adapter is there and it says its enabled but when I check it out it has no drivers and can't find a IP address. I'm pretty sure this has a Realtek in it but I couldn't find the right driver , I tried a generic one with no luck. I figured I'd try and get it up and running with my Road Runner Turbo before i worried about the Wireless Adapter. You
Dear brian,to get you an overview on which components you have, although not installed or recognized by win xp pro, download pcwizard2008, install and run the hardware detection program, it'll give you a lots of details about your compute ... PC Laptops
Toshiba Satellite ethernet port disappeared...
I think you have answered your own problem, your wireless has possibly been zapped.To test your ethernet adapter on your laptop connect it to a network hub, check the hub and see if you have a link light on the hub and or laptop..To test ... Toshiba Satellite A105 Notebook
Wireless switch on my pc is on but cant connect Work with ethernet cable plugged in.Are there any settings?
Things to try:1. Plug in the ethernet cable then restart the laptop.2. Right click on your local area connection and make sure its enabled3. Make sure your wireless adapter is disabled.4. Check if you n ... Intel PC Laptops
Setting up Network Bridge Connection using Laptop
Well, I'm thinking--from what you said, that he is using a shared network connection on the computer with both a wireless card and an ethernet card.He told the computer to use the wireless card for internet access but to share the ethernet card ... PC Desktops
Re: Wireless problem
I enclose several links to a great site that is a wealth of information, not just on wireless, but broadband in general. Explore a bit and you may even find faqs or forum ... PC Laptops
Trying to set up wireless from desktop (Main ethernet computer) to Laptop @ home. Have cable modem (comcast) connected to desktop (main ethernet plugged computer)Belkin Wireless Router G ethernet is hooked to desktop other ethernet hooked from Belkin G to cable modem all connected but, laptop has pop up says unable to connect to wireless network cannot find certificate How do we fix?
Check that the wireless drivers are installed properly on both your laptop and desktop. THe certificate error is because your laptop does not "trust" your computer. Under network conections click add a connection ec, and when you try to conect, micro ... Belkin PC Desktops
I need to set up my IP provided WiFi router-modem (Westell 327M) for use with my two laptops, such that the router-modem provides me internet access via ethernet cables (not interested in the WiFi aspect of the router modem). The IP (Verizon) has given me the runaround for over three years, so I've had to use their Westell 6100 ethernet modem (and swap out the ethernet cable, only allowing me to surf w/one laptop at a time). One is an HP Pavilion/Vista Ho Prem SP1 and the other's an Acer XPH
First check with the ISP if any DNS server settings or proxy settins are required(but i think you can alternatively connect your laptops these may have ben already set on the laptops but just in case)\015\012\015\012now if your ISP accept ... PC Laptops
I re-imaged the unit & it says the network card is working properly in device mgr. But it wont go online when i connect a cable. It stays on "Network Cable Unplugged". The LED on the connection on the laptop does not go on.
1. Try different cable if possible.\015\0122. Check the network port of the laptop. Make sure the pins are in tact and there is no dust/dirt or anything blocking the port. \015\0123. Verify the other end as well. Check the hub/modem/switc ... HP Pavilion N5415 Notebook
Broken Ethernet Adapter
They sell USB to Ethernet adapters that you can use. If you want to replace the adapter yourself you will have to strip the laptop down to the mother board, then proceed to de-solder then solder the new one back onto the board. You can but the replac ... Dell Inspiron 1000 Notebook
Connecting Wireless Modem to Laptop.
Firstly, you need to connect your router to a broadband activated phoneline. On the back of your router there is a socket which should say Phone Line and I believe it is at the top.\015\012This will then radiate a radio broadband signal.\ ... PC Desktops
Geekman, In Tucson,I connect thru Peoplepc.com using a DSL modem. In Mexico I connect to Peoplepc using a DSL modem (Infinitum) thru Prodigy MX, which is the only server in our small town. This is a new problem that started about two weeks ago, after my laptop crashed and was repaired here in Mexico. Previous to this I had no problem connecting thru ethernet at both locations. CopiasWay
After getting the laptop repaired the .ip adress of the ethernet and drivers of the ethernet has to be reinstalled to make it work.if you are not familiar ask the same repair person to get it loaded in your laptop and reinsert the ipadress of y ... PC Desktops
Laptop won't connect to internet
Hi,Your laptop is missing the driver for Ethernet controller made for Vista.You should be able to get it from your laptop brand's website.I could have given a try if you had mentioned your laptop model :)All ... Toshiba Satellite A135-S4467 Notebook
How to share my Huawei mobile broadband connection over my network
Try uninstall the Time Capsule and then try. ... PC Desktops
Laptop doesnt find connection to cable modem
Don't Use USB, USB is SLOWER. Use a Ethernet Cable Just like your Neighbor's Computer. FOLLOW THESE STEPS 1 BY 1......Shut Computer Down, Disconnect from Modem, RESET Modem, Wait 2 Minutes, Connect Ethernet Cable From Modem To Computer, Start Compu ... Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
I have never used a laptop computer only the desktop. I just pu
Your battery pack gets inserted on the underside of your laptop, it slides in and locks on.. Line up the track and simply plug it in.\015\012\015\012What wires are you referring to that came with the laptop?? what do they look like? ... Toshiba Satellite M35X-S149 Notebook
I had to reformat my laptop and now I cannot get ethernet to work
You need the drivers for those devices marked with yellow --"yellow"ethernet \015\012controller will not allow to access the web to download drivers to solve your problem--options are:- use the "original" driver disk that came with the laptop o ... Dell Inspiron E1505 Notebook
Gateway 4026gz network jack replacement? - Gateway 4026GZ Notebook
Hello. I'm not certain if you are talking about the power jack (where your power adapter attaches to your laptop), or the Ethernet port, where you connect a cable (looks similar to a phone line) for Internet access. I'm going to figure you are speaki ... Gateway 4026GZ Notebook
Ethernet Wont detect under XP even with latest drivers
If you already checked the cables then perhaps its the nic card, Check if its properly installed under device manager and make sure there is no question mark or exclamation point. Reinstall the driver if needed. ... Toshiba Satellite 2410-S203 Notebook