Having problems with your HP Pavilion dv6000t Notebook ?
How come my Dell laptop won't turn on? The lights are on, but the screen is blank.
This is a sample of what you can try to do to diagnose a non-starting computer, If these don’t work, realize that most likely a system board (motherboard) has failed or the actual power trim strip above the keyboard has failed.
- Unplug the computer, then take the battery out, push the power button and hold it for about 30 seconds. Plug the system back in (leave battery out) and push the power button. If it starts, Great! If not unplug go to the next step. \015\012
- You should still have the battery out and the power unplugged. Now turn the laptop over. Take off all the covers and pull out the hard drive and ram and wireless card. Find the screw that has a symbol kind of like a circle with a wedge cut out, it’s the CD rom drive screw. Now pull the drive out. Pick one stick of ram and put it back in the computer. Flip it over open it plug it in and hit the power button. If it does not fire up then unplug it and switch the ram. Plug it back in and hit the power button again. If it doesn't start up, unplug the computer and go to the last step. \015\012
- Pull the memory out and find the screws that hold the keyboard on. There are symbols in the plastic there should be 2 screws holding it in. Now in the battery compartment, there are several screw at the back edge of the computer take them out and also the ones in the battery in the center strip. Some are silver and some are black. Once you have the screws out of the battery area flip the computer over and open the lid. The strip just below the LCD with the power button and controls will now be able to be lifted up. You will probably have to lightly get an edge started before it will come up. There should be several little cables hooked to it. Flip the control panel over and look for some screws holding the keyboard in. I think there's 2. Lift up the keyboard. Making sure there's nothing touching anything important and then plug the computer in. Carefully hit the power button and see if the computer tries to start. If it does try it will probably beep at you. Unplug it and put a stick of ram in it. Plug it in and try to start it again. If not, unplug the computer and Go to the next step. \015\012
- Carefully put the keyboard and control strip in place. Flip the computer over and loosen all the screws that hold the computer together. Flip the computer over again and pull the keyboard and control strip up again. Flex the inner aluminum plate that was under the keyboard lightly. Plug in the computer and then hit the power button. If it tries to start, Great! put it together again in the reverse process.
Clean the ball in side
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for HP Pavilion dv6000t Notebook
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.
Suggested Questions/Answers :
Cant get it to turn on/ panasonic CF-51 toughbook laptop.
Here are some troubleshooting hints, see if these will work for you. It is hard to knnow what to do in these situations because there is no way of telling what key combinations etc. were hit.\015\012\015\012 ... Panasonic Toughbook CF-51 Notebook
Vaio fj270 wont boot to windows stuck with a blinking underscore
Hello and thank you for using Fixya!\015\012\015\012First, check and make sure there are no CD's in the CDrom player. Also, check an make sure there is no external storage devices, such as a flash drive, external, etc.\015\012 ... Sony VAIO VGN-FJ270/B Notebook
Dell latitude d510 laptop
My guess is that when you are booting, the system tries and fails to communicate with a critical device, or some settings in the system BIOS are incorrect. First, make sure you have removed anything extra that is not part of the laptop; slide-in car ... Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
Screen went black
When you close the lid, there is a small pin that engages the case and flips a switch to tell the laptop the case has been closed. The monitor will ALWAYS turn off then, because otherwise, the heat build up would burn the screen! Do not try to defeat ... Dell Inspiron 710m Notebook
Everex VA4103M BIG problem.
It sounds like a short in the internal wire that connects the monitor to the base of the laptop. my mum has the same problem, minus the virus.....and she bought it with vista on it. so i could be wrong. it could just be a vista problem, i've never he ... Everex StepNote VA4103M Notebook
Can not get screen to light up - Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
Hi..Now let's discuss what we should do when the laptop seems to be booting up without problems, the hard drive spins appropriately, and we even hear the welcome sound of the operating system, but we have no display on the LCD panel. ... Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
My laptop won't turn on properly.
Here are some great source where will will get any kinds of HP,ACER,DELL and COMPAQ laptop Solution and any kinds of Driver download.» Hp Laptop' ... PC Laptops
I have a dell 630 laptop. when I turn it on the screen lites up lightly but nothing shows up. Every once in awhile it will turn on but not long the screen goes blank again.. help me please
Karrieinaz\015\012\015\012In regards to you screen going out it sound like the screen it self has gone bad and/or the laptop its self.\015\012\015\012The thing to double check is the notebook its self going off as well. If no ... Dell PC Laptops
Hp dv9000 wont start up
This could be a couple of things. Start by checking the memory. Make sure they are seated properly and didn't slide or shift a bit in the fall or the sudden stop at the end of the fall. Then remove the memory and try them on ... HP Pavilion dv9000z Notebook
Periodic Boot-up Problems with Dell Latitude D600
Well I had the same problem with my Dell Latitude D600. I tried many batteries, fully charged, partially charged and even i tried scenarios with AC Power On or Off. Nothing really seemed to work as my laptop was both hot and cold. I noticed this prob ... Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
D800 will not even boot
Okay, I had that problem with my HP less than a minute ago.Maybe it is the same problem. See if the battery light comes on. Press the power button again and again if it doesn't start, for some time. It may show the boot screen and hang. ... Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
Laptop screen blank at start up
If it still doesn't work when you hook it up to an external monitor, assuming you did that properly, then it is your motherboard/video card.\015\012\015\012If you have a seperate video card, I would replace that first. If you don't have ... HP Pavilion dv2120us Notebook
My hp wont turn on..the power light is on but its like my laptop is frozen or somethng
· First troubleshooting - When you turn the laptop on, are you able to see the splash screen? This would be the computer manufacturer's screen display that usually shows a ... HP Pavilion dv2000t 14.1" Notebook Laptop PC (Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 1.66 GHz, 1GB RAM, 100GB HDD, D... PC Notebook
My screen stays black
Hello..Now let's discuss what we\015\012should do when the laptop seems to be booting up without problems, the\015\012hard drive spins appropriately, and we even hear the welcome sound of\015\012the operating system, but we have no ... Acer Aspire 5610-4491 Notebook
Will not go past startup screen
I turned off something in the display, so now when the laptop is turned on the screen stays blank. how can i fix it? ... Dell Inspiron B130 Notebook
Blank Screen and blinking light
I was using my laptop when it suddenly froze. Tried ctl/alt/del but\015\012nothing happened. So I powered down. When I tried to power it back\015\012up, the power light comes on, the lock lights blink twice, the fan\015\012powers up then down, and ... PC Laptops
Dell Inspiron 5160 wont turn on
I would suggest that first try running the psa test on ur system which could b done by press and hold FN key and power button together and leave it as soon as u see anything on the screen or any led in case u get any error code or beep sounds then it ... Dell Inspiron 5160 Notebook
How come my Dell laptop won't turn on? The lights are on, but the screen is blank.
This is a sample of what you can try to do to diagnose a non-starting computer, If these don’t work, realize that most likely a system board (motherboard) has failed or the actual power trim strip above the keyboard has failed. ... HP Pavilion dv6000t Notebook
Laptop wont turn on this a weird one! Please help! Hi-Grade C5514
Have u tried ur laptop without ac power i mean on battery see if ti works otherwise the only hope b4 running for help from service centre is get RAMactually now a days 2 chips are prefferred by laptop manufacturers for fast performance i ... PC Laptops
Laptop wont turn on philips freevents x51
The most likely problem is that your Hard Drive has Died.\015\012\015\012If you can readily access another Laptop HDD, try it and see.\015\012\015\012Other than that, I'd say the Motherboard has decieded to give up the Ghost. ... PC Laptops
Laptop wont turn on this a weird one!!! Please help!
Hi,Its very unfortunate but you've short circuit your power supply and before it get worse, please check it out with your vendor asap. It might cause severe problems.I'll not suggest you to get your hands on to resolve this. ... PC Laptops
Dell latitude d620 once i turn on power the power and bluetooth light comes on while the keyboard status lights flash screen stays blank and after about five seconds turns itself off ?
Is the laptop really turning itself off, or is the display just not doing anything? It sounds like it could be a problem with the nVidia GPU used on the D620. Dell has extended the warranty on the nVidia GPUs by 1 year. Cal ... Dell Latitude D620 Notebook
I have power out of adapter but laptop is completely dead; no lights come on at all.
Laptop is dead. How to troubleshoot the problem.\015\012In this post I’ll explain h ... Toshiba Satellite A45-S150 Notebook
Screens playing up
Let me give you the link to the free download of the Service Manual, for the Compaq Evo n1010v series of Notebook PC's, to start,http:// ... HP Compaq Evo Notebook N1015v (470046-573)
Asus laptop wont turn on
Not saying you are stupid but are you sure the batter is charged plug it in and try again if that does not work if when you power in on and the power lite lights up there might be on one of the F keys at the top of the keyboard it might say,CLD,LED o ... ASUS A6U Notebook