Having problems with your Acer eMachines 520-2890 Notebook ?
Running to slow and wireless not responding
\015 Running to slow (there are no virus or spyware) , and also it does not detect any wireless network (using FN+F2 should turn the wireless adapter on, but it seems that the combination does not work, is there any way to turn this on manually?)\015
Is the Wireless Zero Configuration service running? To determine if the Wireless Zero Configuration service is running, follow these steps:\015\012
- Click Start, and then click Run. \015\012
- In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK. \015\012
- Type sc query wzcsvc, and then press ENTER. \015\012
- If the Windows Zero Configuration service is running, the words "STATE : #RUNNING" will appear. \015\012
- If the problem is in the user interface, collect a screen shot of the issue, if you can. To collect a screen shot, press ALT+PRINT SCRN.
- Check the Windows Catalog at http://www.windowsmarketplace.com to determine if there is a Windows XP-compatible driver that is available for your wireless adapter.\015\012
- If there is a compatible driver, install the updated driver before you perform any additional troubleshooting procedures. \015\012
- If there is not a compatible driver, you may be able to use the network adapter, but its configuration and functionality may be very limited.
- Determine if the driver that you are using recognizes the Windows XP Wireless Zero Configuration service. To do this, follow these steps:\015\012
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- in the right pane,click Network and Internet Connections. \015\012
- In the right pane, click Network Connections. \015\012
- Right-click Wireless Network Connection, and then click Properties. \015\012
- View the available options:\015\012
- If you do not see the Wireless Network Connection icon in the Network Connections folder, or if you cannot view the properties, there is a problem with the driver for the wireless network adapter. To troubleshoot this problem, see the Driver installation issuessection. \015\012
- If you can view the properties for the Wireless Network Connection icon, but you do not see a Wireless Networks tab, see the Drivers that do not support the Wireless Zero Configuration service section to continue troubleshooting. \015\012
- If you can view the properties, and you can see and use the Wireless Networks tab, see the Drivers that support the Wireless Zero Configuration service section to continue troubleshooting. \015\012
- If the Authentication tab is missing in the Wireless Network Connection properties, make sure that the Wireless Zero Configuration service is running.
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
I would back up all your files and do a system recovery, that usually fixes all these problems.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for Acer eMachines 520-2890 Notebook
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.
Suggested Questions/Answers :
Running to slow and wireless not responding
Is the Wireless Zero Configuration service running? To determine if the Wireless Zero Configuration service is running, follow these steps:\015\012\015\012Click Start, and then click Run. \015\012 ... Acer eMachines 520-2890 Notebook
Windows XP problems and missing AutoChk.exe file
A suggestion someone posted to remove the battery pack in my laptop (ACER, Aspire 3000) worked like a charm !!!!!!! The instability/slow-down/seizing up of Windows XP and other software stopped and everything is back to norma! I suspect there is a pr ... Acer Aspire 3000 Notebook
Somehow my own wireless connection is not being recognized. I noticed my speed is at 54mps and not 100%. I am hooked up to another Linksys and my computer is running very slow. When I see my own connection I cannot access it. It doesn't give me the option to use it. What happened and how do I fix it? Right now it shows I am connected wireless to the internet, however I cannot open any of my files.
HI,\015\012\015\012Thanks for responding. To me, my router was running before at 100 mps. I took a better look and someone, somehow has tapped into my computer. My computer tends to stop working in browsers and I keep getting notificati ... PC Desktops
Error when I shut down and slooow
You are seeing a wireless adaptor error and this could be a part of your slow computer.\015\012\015\012When my server is not available my comuters are slow to boot up as they are searching for somthing that is not there.\015\012 ... Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
Computer suddenly slow!
There could be a number of things that is slowing your computer down and it depends upon what is running on the computer and in the background.\015\012For example. Someone could have hack into your computer, assuming you are on an unsecured wir ... Dell PC Laptops
Dell inspiron 6400-runs slow on AC power but not on battery
Having an identical issue with DELL Precision M6400.Normal operation on battery and degraded performance on AC, CPU usage on 100 % even Task Manager running on 60 % usage. re-installed the OS and Installed/uninstalled the dell power managemen ... Dell Inspiron 6400 Notebook
Computer running much slower - Not responding.
The most common reason for slow processing speed is insufficient RAM memory.Increase the RAM, if RAM available is no more than 512MB, then it must be upgraded.\015\012\015\012Check also your hard drive state. If y ... Acer Aspire 5735 Notebook
Dv2225nr won't post, all lights on (also wireless is broken)
There are ways around paying the $400. First off, HP just did a huge recall on all of their dv series laptops. If you already talked to HP then it probably doesnt fall under this(although sometimes you have to kick them in the pants and tell them tha ... HP Pavilion dv2000t Notebook
My computer is extreamly slow. I click on a desktop icon and then wait and wait for it to respond. My computer is a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows XP
I just fixed a computer laptop about 3 days ago for this same problem. The owner had 4.6% left (7GB) left on a 142GB HardDrive. It was really slow in responding.\015\012I restart the computer and press F8 so it goes into Safe Mode. That way it ... Dell Inspiron 2200 Notebook
My dell inspiron wireless runs very slow at 1mpbs, is there any way to speed it up?
Discover the cause of the slowness, and remove it.Such causes are usually a bad wireless signal or a defective transmitter or receiver.Check whether the connection is good when the notebook is in the same room, about ten feet ... Toshiba Satellite P105-S6207 Laptop
My system is not responding !
Could be any number of probems, and it would depend on exactly what type of system you have, (memory, cpu). Also, systems will have the tendency to slow down over time. It is good to reformat and reinstall the OS every few years or so, but depending ... PC Desktops
Slow internet access wirelessly
You can open up devise mgr,(rt click on my computer,click properties,click devise mgr) now look down, you should see networkadapters, you should see on that says wireless, if you rt click on itand pick update driver, then choose search in ... Toshiba X205-S7483 Notebook
5 year old Medion Computer - Med MT247A - now running very slow with weak wireless signal
The most common reason for slow processing speed is insufficient RAM memory.Increase the RAM, if RAM available is no more than 512MB, then it must be upgraded.\015\012\015\012Check also your hard drive state. If y ... Medion (40010998)
Dell inspiron 6400 system responding very slow on ac adaptor
Can i run my dell inspiron 6400 only on AC adaptor? ... Dell Inspiron 6400 Notebook
Laptop running slow & windows not responding VISTA
Backup your data and run the system recovery disks. ... Toshiba Satellite L305-S5877 Notebook
Acer extenza 5620z mouse not responding as it should keyboard input slow and not responsive cannot input all digits of my password to get computer started
How long since you've run the computer? Might it be processing and update like when it reboots after installing a service pack? That might be making the computer run slow for a few minutes. Give it a little time to get started and see if your mous ... Acer Extensa 5620-4020 Notebook
Internet problem here(wireless)
Unfortunately, you're going to have to do some troubleshooting for this. Possible causes:1. Errant programs running in the background(most likely)2. Somebody else is sucking up the bandwidth3. Someone installed a different wirel ... HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
My pc rapidly got slow and says half of ram in use all time
Also try malwarebytes. download it, update it, reboot into safe mode and run it. you should also get startup control panel, it provide a better way to see what runs when Windows begins and allows you to deselect programs so they do not run. ... HP Pavilion a1410y (RB042AV) PC Desktop
Fan Running, computer heating, task bar disappearing, everything is slow
It might be some hardware or software problem,don't run extra programs you are not really using and save you computer performance.also you might want to give your computer a goooooood virus check. some viruses o tend to give s ... PC Laptops
Wireless connection slow
Same problem. RESOLVED it by going to device manager (hold the Windows Logo key near the space bar and hit PAUSE) Click hardware tab, and then device manager. click the plus next to network adapters to expand it, then right click the atheros wirele ... Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Laptop acts like CPU is overheating - after ~ 15 mins. computer slows to crawl, both fans start and never stop running.
I agree with Joe Boss. with only 1G of free space, you don't have much room for a swap file. Removing your keyboard and using compressed air can be good and bad. Some heat sink/cooling fan assemblies need to cleaned out from the outside in (to remov ... Intel Pentium IV M, 3.06 GHz Pentium 4-M (SL77P) Processor
I just installed my siemens se567 wireless router nd I want to set up a wireless network to another computer using a linksys wireless usb network card. What must I do?
Hi tbopper, install linksys software. Follow the instruction. Disable your anti virus / firewall software. (temporally). Make sure the PC with the wireless card is turned on.\015\012Than open My Network connections &am ... PC Desktops
Slow running, constant 'not responding'
Since your purchase just occurred, pack it up and return it to the store. It doesn't appear to be operating properly at all, and you certainly would not want to start to repair it yourself as that would void the warranty. Return it and get another ... Advent Netbook
New HDD Install Prob
Basic Troubleshooting Tips after Installing a New Hard DriveBased on Seagate IDE hard drives.If you have installed your drive and it does not function properly, perform the following basic checks:Additional Troubleshooting Tip ... PC Desktops
Aspire 3680-2682 just too slow
Hi, \015\012To stop the machine shutting down, \015\012Go to Microsoft and install updates, \015\012Service packs etc... \015\012Then run a scan to check for viruses.\015\012This should stop the shutdowns ( if there is n ... Acer Aspire 3680 Laptop