Having problems with your PC Laptops ?
Format - PC Laptops
How to partition and format the hard disk using the \012Windows XP Setup program\012\012 loadTOCNode(2, 'moreinformation');\012 You can use the Windows XP Setup program to \012partition and format the hard disk. To do this, use the following steps:\012Step 1: Partition the hard disk \012\012 loadTOCNode(3, 'moreinformation');\012 \012
- \011Insert the Windows XP CD into your CD\012 or DVD drive, or insert the first Windows XP Setup disk into the floppy\012 disk drive, and then restart the computer to start the Windows XP Setup\012 program.
Note If you are using the Windows XP Setup \012disks, insert each additional disk when you are prompted, and then press\012 ENTER to continue after you insert each disk. \012
- \011If you \012are prompted, select any options that are required to start the computer\012 from the CD or DVD drive. \012
- \011If your hard disk \012controller requires a third-party original equipment manufacturer (OEM) \012driver, press F6 to specify the driver.\012\012For more information about how to use F6 to supply a third-party OEM \012device driver while the Windows Setup program is running, click the \012following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge \012Base:\012\012314859 \012 \012 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314859/\012 )\012 \012\012 Limited OEM driver support is available with F6 during Windows XP\012\011\011\011\011 Setup\012\012 \012
- \011At the Welcome to Setup\012 page, press ENTER.\012
Note If you are using the Setup disks (six bootable \012disks), the setup prompts you to insert the Windows XP CD. \012 \012
- \011Press F8 to accept the Windows XP Licensing \012Agreement. \012
- \011If an existing Windows XP installation is \012detected, you are prompted to repair it. \012To bypass the repair, press ESC.\012 \012
- \011All existing partitions and non-partitioned spaces \012are listed for each physical hard disk. \012Use the ARROW keys to select an existing partition, or create a new \012partition by selecting the non-partitioned space where you want to \012create a new partition. You can also press C to create a new partition \012using non-partitioned space. \012
Note If you want to create a partition where one or more \012partitions already exist, you must first delete the existing partition \012or partitions, and then create the new partition.\012You can press D to delete an existing partition, and then press L (or \012press ENTER, and then press L if it is the System partition) to confirm \012that you want to delete the partition. \012Repeat this step for each existing partition that you want to include in\012 the new partition. When all the partitions are deleted, select the \012remaining non-partitioned space, and then press C to create the new \012partition.\012 \012
- \011To create the partition with the maximum size, press \012ENTER.\012To specify the partition size, type the size in megabytes (MB) for the \012new partition, and then press ENTER.\012 \012
- \011If you want to create additional partitions, repeat \012steps g. and h. \012
- \011To format the partition and install \012Windows XP, go to step 2.\012
If you do not want to install Windows XP, press F3 two times to \012exit the Windows Setup program, and then do not follow the remaining \012steps in this article. \012
To format the partition without installing Windows XP, use a \012different utility.\012
- \011Use the ARROW keys to select the \012partition where you want to install Windows XP, and then press ENTER. \012
- \011Select the format option that you want to use to format the \012partition. You can select from the following options: \012
- Format the partition by using the NTFS file system \012(Quick) \012
- Format the partition by \012using the FAT file system (Quick) \012
- Format the partition by using the NTFS file system \012
- Format the partition by using the FAT file system \012
- Leave the current file system intact (no changes)
- If\012 the selected partition is a new partition, the option to leave the \012current file system intact is not available. \012
- \011If the selected \012partition is larger than 32 gigabytes (GB), the FAT file system option \012is not available. \012
- \011If the selected partition is larger than 2 \012GB, the Windows Setup program uses the FAT32 file system (you must press\012 ENTER to confirm). \012
- \011If the partition is smaller than 2 GB, the\012 Windows Setup program uses the FAT16 file system. \012
- \011If you \012deleted and created a new System partition, but you are installing \012Windows XP on a different partition, you are prompted to select a file \012system for both the System and Startup partitions.
- \011Press ENTER. \012
- \011After the Windows Setup program\012 formats the partition, follow the instructions that appear on the \012screen to install Windows XP. After the Windows Setup program is \012finished and you have restarted the computer, you can use the Disk \012Management tools in Windows XP to create or format more partitions.\012\012 For additional information\012\011\011\011\011 about how to use the Windows XP Disk Management tools to partition\012 and format\012\011\011\011\011 your hard disk, click the following article number to view the \012article in the\012\011\011\011\011 Microsoft Knowledge Base: \012309000 \012 \012 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309000/\012 )\012 \012\012 How to use Disk Management to configure basic disks in Windows XP\012\012
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for PC Laptops
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.
Suggested Questions/Answers :
How i can format my laptop toshiba L300D can anyone tell me how to do it plz
There are several reasons that a laptop's hard drive may need to be\015\012formatted. Heavy use and abuse of Windows, installing and removing\015\012large numbers of programs and virus infestation can all cripple Windows\015\012to the point that a re ... Toshiba Satellite L300D-ST3501 Notebook
Windows failed to start !...
Hello\015\012\015\012You seem to know a bit about computer so I will give you a good detailed solution which might be of help. READ CAREFULLY\015\012\015\012ASSUMPTION:\015\012 \015\012I guess that t ... Acer Aspire 5920-6727 Notebook
Not able to format my laptop
First restart your Toshiba laptop. Press either "F1," "0," or "F8" to be taken to your computer's hard \012drive utility screen. The key command differs depending on the model \012Toshiba computer that you own.Select "Restore Original Factory ... Acer Aspire 6920 Notebook PC
Trying to use my hp laptop with sony lcd hdmi tv for movies
You should have an S video port on both tv and computer.\015\012\015\012If your tv don't have s video input,you can get an S video to RCA cord.If the tv does have s video input,just get an s video cable and plug it into the tv and c ... HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
I need to format the laptop
If you do not have the drivers for the devices that are installed on your laptop, then download from the IBM/Lenovo WEB site, make sure they are for your model laptop (eg. Video, audio, modem LAN etc.) before you format and reinstall Windows..\ ... IBM ThinkPad R52 Notebook
Laptop shows a split screen in Windows & BIOS
Hi all!!! I write here to tell you all, that I solved the 6 split screen problem and help all those have the same as I had….Well first of all let start with this. I have a Turbo X M66SRU Laptop.\015\012Turbo X is how t ... PC Laptops
Replace existing 40GB internal HDD in laptop with 160GB internal
Ok first of all Hi!Now in order to transfer the right stuff from your hard drive to the new one. You will need to follow these instructions and i provided you with 2 methods.\015\012\015\012LONG METHOD (USE NEW HARD DRIVE ... PC Laptops
V2300cto intelpro wireless problem
Download hirens boot cd, this cd contains all the diagnosic and repair software on it you will ever need, test the HDD and see what it says about the drive ... HP Compaq Presario V2000 Notebook
Laptop to tv
If your tv don't have s video input,you can get an Svideo to RCA cord.\015\012If the tv does have s video input,just get an s video cable and plug it into the tv and computer s video ports and follow the steps below for setup.\015\012 ... Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5895 Notebook
How do i format my packard bell easynote - PC Laptops
Hello\015\012\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012Step 1\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Ensure\015\012that the hard disk is installed pro ... PC Laptops
I formatted my laptop now I am not able to install wifi
Hi..Now you have already format you laptop, and the problem is your laptop driver, so you need to do this, did you remember the time when you buy a laptop. Their is a cd installer there inside the box so you need that cd, that is your lap ... PC Laptops
I dont know how to format my computer - Toshiba Satellite A135-S2386 Notebook (PSAD6U-01D00D) PC Notebook
You need to be careful with this. Formatting your laptop means several \015\012different things:\015\012\015\0121) You'll lose all data on the drive being formatted, so make \015\012backups...\015\0122) After formatting you'll ne ... Toshiba Satellite A135-S2386 Notebook (PSAD6U-01D00D) PC Notebook
Troubleshhoting of acer Laptop.
DEAR,1. install XP service pack 2, format in Fat(32) or NTFS system file, 2. delete the partitions3. restart your computer with XP service pack 24. dont format as quick format, 5. do full format6. XP service pack 2 ... PC Desktops
Memory card reader
This happens due to some restirction on the memory card i faced the same problem all you have to do is just copy the pic on to the laptop or on any other laptop and then you can format this card however before u format copy the pic as it will delete ... PC Laptops
Problem after problem, should I format m hard drive?
The best solution is to format it. in that way all viruses will be gone.if you can find all your software on the internetand you can find the keys to the software you can format your pc. ... Gateway MX6453 Notebook
Format WD laptop hard drive in Emachine laptop
Normally when u restore, formatting is being done at a certain step. Therefore no need to worry as the OS is included in the recovery.\015\012However if it's exactly how u r stating, therefore buy an external 2.5" HDD casing,insert ur HDD in it, plug ... E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
My laptop does not recognize the hard disk after formatting;
Actually, have you tried running the Windows install yet? When you're in Windows Setup, it should recognize the hard drive as a device, even if it's not formatted or formatted properly.\015\012\015\012Try going into the BIOS for the lapt ... IBM ThinkPad R31 2656 Notebook
My acer laptop won't reboot to factory mode
Back up all of your data(music,documents,videos)before you do this..if you can boot up then use ubuntu,slax or other types of bootable cds\015\012\015\012to set it back to the factory setting you are going to have to get a xp installatio ... PC Laptops
Upgrade to vista ultimate
If you have a full version of Windows Vista Ultimate, you can just insert the DVD when you logged in your laptop and go to Computer(My Computer) and lauch the installer for Windows on DVD icon (Double Click DVD icon). It will give you the main window ... Sony VAIO Digital Studio VGN-AR320E Notebook
Computer crashes on startup, goes to system repair
What you need to do is first try pressing F8 when the machine first boots, this will put you into safe mode, when it comes up choose Safe Mode with networking. When it comes to the point asking you to choose system restore or safe mode desktop choose ... Acer Aspire 5920-6335 Laptop
Acer Computer... extremely slow response time.
Run System In Safe Mode:\012To identify the root cause of theproblem, first of all restart your system, press and hold F8 key. Do thefollowing once you are on the desktop.\0121. Right click on Computer. 2. Select Manage. 3. Click o ... Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Reboots after every startup after SP2
Microsoft hotfix Q317277 causes this problem in the HP Pavilion ze1210 laptop. I had this happen with my ze1210. The way to fix it is to "flash the BIOS". (I won't assume you know what this means -- if you don't know, you're basically going to jus ... HP Pavilion ze1210 Notebook
Toshiba Laptop A60-S166 fdisk won't recognize hard disk? ACPI Bios Version = 1.40 Bios setting Drives I/O where it says Built in HD = No Drive Built-in ODD = Secodary IDE(170/IRQ15 Won't let me get into this bios setting box. Tried 3 different hard drives. Thank you from Ken Walker [email protected] Phone 731-645-6349 Thank you, please help if you can?
Hmmm. Unusual report, "secondary optical disk". Sounds like you have a primary and secondary IDE setup. Something desktops had, but rare for laptops. Because of this, I would try setting the HD to "master". Most IDE HDDs have some extra pins beside t ... PC Laptops
Exactly the same problem, Happened last week. Cant format!
Laptops like desktop computers need a periodic cleaning. Laptops have an Air Intake Duct. Typically this duct is located on the bottom of a laptop. Yours is on the left side located towards the rear, and not on the bottom.http://www.noteb ... IBM Lenovo ThinkPad X61s PC Notebook
Will Acer 4010 play PAL format DVDs?
Here is some great source to solve any kinds of laptop's problem.\015\012\015\012» Hp Laptop's Solution» ... Acer TravelMate 4010 Notebook