Having problems with your PC Desktops ?
Desktop hp Product Number P6402A
\015 My computor hios been infected. My security system hasn't been able to clear it.\015
Step 1: Find the current BIOS version number
\015\012Step 2: Check the Drivers and Downloads page for BIOS or ROM updates
- Turn ON your pc. When the first screen appears, press F1 to enter the BIOS Setup. On certain Compaq Presario PCs (prior to 2002) press the F10 key at the logo screen to enter setup. \015\012
- The BIOS revision number is listed on the Main menu. Write down the current BIOS version that is listed. \015\012
- To exit the BIOS setup screen, press F10 , select Yes , and then press the Enter key.
\015\012Step 2: Check the Drivers and Downloads page for BIOS or ROM updates
- Go to http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareRedirector?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=67009&docname=c00007682 enter the model of the PC (for example, Presario 5002US or Pavilion a518d), and click the download button. \015\012
- Click the link for the PC Operating System (like Windows XP). \015\012
- Try to find the BIOS update listed under the heading, BIOS , BIOS- System , or RomPaq.
NOTE: The term "Rompaq" refers to BIOS updates for Compaq Presario PCs prior to 2002.
- If a BIOS update is not listed, HP does not have a BIOS update posted for your PC at this time. \015\012
- If there are several BIOS updates available for different motherboard names, you need to find out what motherboard is installed in your PC. This can be done by turning off the power to the PC, removing the side panel, and reading the name that is printed on the motherboard. The name of your motherboard should match or be similar to the name of the download link. \015\012
- If a BIOS update is listed, proceed to the next step to download and install the BIOS update.
- Click the download link. The instructions for downloading and installing BIOS updates vary.
- For most PCs with Windows XP, download the file, open it and follow the on-screen instructions. \015\012
- For many PCs before Windows XP, save the downloaded file to the hard drive, insert a formatted disk, open the downloaded file to copy the BIOS files to the disk, and then restart the computer with the disk still in the drive. \015\012
- The instructions on the download page may be different so carefully read and follow the instructions on the download page and in the installation setup screens.
- If a 251 or CMOS Checksum error occurs after installing the BIOS update, perform the following steps: \015\012
- Restart the PC and enter the BIOS screen by pressing the F1 or F10 key at the first screen. \015\012
- Press the F5 key to load the default BIOS configuration. \015\012
- Select YES by using the arrow keys, and then press Enter . \015\012
- Press the F10 key to save the settings and exit. \015\012
- Select YES by using the arrow keys, and then press Enter .
When the BIOS update is complete, the new BIOS revision number is updated on the Main BIOS screen.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for PC Desktops
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.
Suggested Questions/Answers :
Desktop hp Product Number P6402A
Step 1: Find the current BIOS version number\015\012\015\012Turn ON your pc. When the first screen appears, press F1 to enter the BIOS Setup. On certain Compaq Presario PCs (prior to 2002) press the F10 key at the lo ... PC Desktops
Display when i was updating some window softwares asked by laptop updations.3 of 6 got updated but 3 were having some eror.than restart now option comes.i pressed it ok.after restarting nothing comes on display.it is totally off now.but working is going on in it.
First of all, we need to check whether it is the LCD Display of the Notebook which is faulty or any other thing....\015\012\015\012Turn on the Notebook and check if you are able to see the HP Logo or the POST instructions during startup or not. ... HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Have a hp desktop and laptop. Desktop came with a
HP is pretty good about cataloging their products and all related drivers. Thing with this model laptop is there are many variations. You'll want to go to www.hp.com and click the suppo ... HP Pavilion dv9000z Notebook
I want hp service centre near by baner. - Compaq PC Laptops
\015\012\015\012call on this number you can get the service center\015\012 \015\012 \015\012Support for HP products (United States only)Be prepared to provide the following information: Serial Number (S/N), product name, model numb ... Compaq PC Laptops
Black screen My daughter hp pavilionentertainment pc has a black screen and thats all nothing will come at all. can you help me with this please
First of all, not sure whether the Notebook is checked by connecting any Desktop Monitor or not...here is the procedure to do so to find out whether the issue is with the LCD Display of the Notebook or with the Display card or the Motherboard....\015 ... HP Pavilion dv2000t Notebook
Won't start Hit start button. All indicator lights blink & nothing happens. Battery ok. Charger plugged in.
First of all, try connecting an external display source like a Desktop Monitor to the VGA Port of the Notebook after turning it on and press hold the FN key and press the F4 key once to toggle the disp ... HP Pavilion dv9000z Notebook
No display on startup; lights up and seemlingly boots but soon restarts process
First of all, try connecting an external display source like a Desktop Monitor to the VGA Port of the Notebook after turning it on and press hold the FN key and press the F4 key once to toggle the display to the ... HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
My 2gb ram stick died, so I tried upgrade to 4gb
Most appreciated naturalgal66. Perhaps you would like more information, to put together some of the information I stated in the Clarifications.This is a motherboard block diagram,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Motherb ... HP Pavilion a6600f Desktop PC
After powering up hp pavillion dv9500, screen still remains black
First, follow the instructions listed in the link below to find if the issue is with the Hardware or not :\015\012\015\012 ... HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
DESKTOP COMPAQ FROM A PAWN SHOP AND, I NEED PRODUCT NUMBER
I was giving a laptop by my mother. I need the product number. How do I get a product key number for my compaq laptop. ... Compaq Armada E500 Notebook
I had to restore my desktop computer and lost my windows XP 95 digital product code bon number to get miscroft office standard edition 2003
Eagle338 gave the right solution.If Windows is starting follow instructions below to record number, if it is not starting, then Contact Microsoft, they will verify your ownership of product and send you a new key for Win 95.He ... Compaq PC Desktops
Can someone send me what is serial number for nero 6 please or where i can find it
Your serial number ooks like this:\015\012 1A2x-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxIt is basically your "license" to use your game. It is issued by Nero to keep people from using the game illegally. If you have the box or cd case fo ... Ahead Software Nero Express 6.0 (NERO6OEM) for PC
I don't my serial number - Ahead Software Nero Express 6.0 (NERO6OEM) for PC
If you have the box or cd case for the game, check there first. If not, and you have the game installed, do the following.\015\012\015\012This is the customer service link where you can get help getting your SN: ... Ahead Software Nero Express 6.0 (NERO6OEM) for PC
Where to find PC Serial Number for rebate - PC Desktops
Hey shboom,\015\012 \015\012In most cases, you should be able to find your computer's serial number someplace on the computer itself. Many manufacturers may identify it with an "S/N" or "Serial," though ho ... PC Desktops
Have typed ma product keybuh cant get access to ma desktop
If you are refering to the activation window of Vista Operating System, you need to enter the Product Key which should be available at the bottom of the Notebook and it should be of 25 digits in length and it contains both A ... HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Motherboard drivers - Compaq PC Desktops
This is HP.com/Support, (HP bought out Compaq)http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.htmlOn this page you'll see -> for product: <- and a box to the right of it.Type -> Compaq, and the model name and model number ... Compaq PC Desktops
S0000 Presario MB was diagnosed as bad by Staples techs..
HP Support, and the main menu support page for the Compaq Presario S6900NX Desktop PC, ... PC Desktops
I try rebooting and get an ntdlr missing ctrl alt del to restart error
You need to reinstall the os. you might learn that copying file will be an option but thats not a good option. after NTLDR, tehre are 7 other files you may need to copy. so simply and easiest way is to reisntall the os.\015\012\015\012ste ... Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
The pc asked for product key on the pc, but when typed in, will no accept the code. Also rtied putting windows xp on system and the pc would not accept the product key for that program either. there are only three icons on desktop, recycle bin, computer, and my name. when system is clicked on brian or computer it askes for the product key. it will not accept the key that is on the lable of the pc. could the desktop pc have crashed?
You will have to phone Microsoft - sorry it's annoying I know. There is a phone number to call once the activation fails for the fist time.\015\012\015\012It shouldn't take you long, and I don't expect you will have any issues activating Window ... Sony VAIO® VGC-LV250J PC Desktop
How to correct connection problem for two LaCie Desktop Hard Driv
Here is the support website for the LACIE products. As far as I knowthis site simply answers questions. Sounds like the hard drives are bad to me. \015\012\015\012 ... LaCie PC Desktops
Extended download service norton 360 3.0 upgrade order no 1651720250 cannot install.
1. Go to www.norton.com/n360 and save the file to your desktop2. If you do not have the product key go to www.findmyorder.com get the product key, after placing the you must have received an email with the order number and product key.3. ... Symantec Norton Antivirus 2009 1-User - Windows for PC
DV6000 No Video on LCD screen
There is a very common issue with the HP DV60xx series overheating (due to the Nvidia video chip) that causes these laptop system boards to fail. \015\012There is a listing of the "affected models" \015\012 ... HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
HP MEDIA CENTER 864N Desktop PC&p RECOVERY CD
NOTE: Most HP and Compaq desktop PCs that ship with Windows Vista and XP do not come with recovery discs. Instead, they use a hidden space (partition) on the hard drive to store the recovery information. Using a hidden partit ... HP PC Desktops
Hello i bought a PC last year and its motherboard has crashed. Pls let me know how and where to get it replaced. my motherboard is Intel D945GCPE. Also, pls let me know about your warranty period.
Intel boards have a general warranty period of 3 years. So you can just get a replacement from the intel manufacturer through online RMA registration.as follows Business and Home Consumers (non-Channel Members)Please contact the retailer ... PC Laptops
I have lcd monitor benq 751which has inbuilt sound system, but after reinstallation of xp, the sound is not produced at all.
You need to go to the website for your computer, then click on Support. In Support type your computer name, Model Name, and Model Number. (Example:Lets say I have a Compaq Presario SR1110NX.I would go to HP.com/Support. ... BenQ FP751 (White) 17" LCD Monitor